Location visible to members
Central Park Picnic! PLEASE READ all of description below so your informed!
We will meet BY THE BENCH at park entrance with FLAGS or a MEETUP SIGN from 3:50-4:20 PM.
Please NOTE, we do move locations based on space availability.
If you would like to attend, you must bring either:
a) FOOD would be great if relevant to your spoken or practicing language! Please avoid junk food.
b) DRINK with plenty of disposable cups, 2 large bottles at least! Water is fine as well.
c) SUPPLIES paper plates, napkins, forks, knives, spoons & trash bags!
If you do not bring food you must contribute $5. Also, please come on time, we will not provide a phone number.
You can either make or buy something but whatever you bring should be able to be shared with your language group. GUYS especially, you should spend at least $5-$10 on something, it's totally not enough to just bring a bottle of water or a roll of napkins, at least follow the "abc" choice list above! Please be considerate to other members.
Bring a sheet to sit on grass, forecast says 77 but please double check weather. We will split off into groups of 25 and spread out into conversational language practice groups of Spanish, English, French, Portuguese, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Chinese, Hebrew, German, Arabic & Russian.
You will have option to meet us at a specific corner between 3:50 and 4:20 (30 minutes) or be late and try to follow a map we will send of our location. If you're not familiar with Central Park, please be on time, and meet us at corner, otherwise it will be difficult to find us!
1. Please CHECK-IN with us for a name tag! If you fail to do so you will be removed.
2. We are asking all members to spend at least 1/4 of their time HELPING out in their native language! That way we all help each other, you meet people interested in your culture and you make more friends!
3. Please CLEAN UP after yourselves! (coffee cups, papers, etc) Members who don't will be removed from our group! If we find your name tag on the ground, you be removed.
4. Fee will be charged to cover the group costs, 3:50-5pm $1.00, 5-7pm $2.00. If you RSVP for guest you must pay even if they do not show up.
5. If you bring nothing you must pay $5 to attend.
6. If you can't come to the event please update your RSVP status before it closes, so other members have the opportunity to come. (members that RSVP yes and don't show 3 times will be removed from the group)