addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

The San Diego LAN Party Meetup Group Message Board › Minecraft server discussion

Minecraft server discussion

Brian K.
BrianAnim
Bonita, CA
Post #: 33
This thread will be used to discuss things in the mindcraft server such as community projects, builds, tunneling etc that the group should know.

I'll start
Under the castle there is a huge mine and cave system, I thing Ebiggs was working on it, any who I went to the very bottom and dug up to make an express staircase that goes to the bottom and to dry land, i marked the entrance with a large lighted arrow and sign, its near the castle about 150 blocks away.

Also I started an elevator shaft to the bottom, dunno when that'll be complete however.
How the elevator works, its a waterfall with openings per level, you jump down and hop out when your at the level you want to be at. TO go up you simply jump back in and hold space bar, or throw a boat in and ride it up very fast. I put signs up at the entrances of the water elevators to explain this also.

I marked the entrances to my tunnel as well, it is the one on the map next to my boat. (if you want to fix this on the map Peeet that would be cool.)

Also the mine on the far right labeled "someone else's mine" is a community SDL mine, also the island it is on is the community tree farm so please mark that island as such. Thank you!
camaudio
camaudio
Poway, CA
Post #: 121
what kind of bridge should i build?

i will need ebiggs clearing out skills
Brian K.
BrianAnim
Bonita, CA
Post #: 35
Dunno, I'm drafting the design for my mansion right now, it will be located on the starting island near my boat.
Pete T.
PeteThornbury
Los Angeles, CA
Post #: 25
PS - Ashlaaaaaaaay has about 2 large treasure chests full of cobblestone at the entrance to her mine / underground pyramid. And I'm sure she'll have more, she's just expanding the pyramid down deeper and deeper.

The best way to Ashlaaaaaaaay's is to follow the cobblestone road Josh and I made from Cam's bridge to her place.
camaudio
camaudio
Poway, CA
Post #: 122
Brian, new mansion is looking good
camaudio
camaudio
Poway, CA
Post #: 123
PS - Ashlaaaaaaaay has about 2 large treasure chests full of cobblestone at the entrance to her mine / underground pyramid. And I'm sure she'll have more, she's just expanding the pyramid down deeper and deeper.

The best way to Ashlaaaaaaaay's is to follow the cobblestone road Josh and I made from Cam's bridge to her place.
that same road has now been expanded, you can see the new bridge from brians boat.
brians tunnel off the main tunnel will probably also head in that direction.

who's ready to get started on a massive community project?
Brian K.
BrianAnim
Bonita, CA
Post #: 36
me me!
Pete T.
PeteThornbury
Los Angeles, CA
Post #: 26
What'd you have in mind, Chase?

I'm currently working hard on a solid road infrastructure. With grade maintaining fills and cuts as well as standardized road signs and street lamps. It's a rather daunting task, but somehow strangely therapeutic at the same time.
A former member
Post #: 3
How do you connect to the minecraft server? I was hoping to check it out ^_^
camaudio
camaudio
Poway, CA
Post #: 124
install and click mulitplayer

put in peeet.dyndns.org and go