708 E. Grand River, Lansing, MI
Lightroom is the most powerful and easy to use editing software available. This class will start your understanding by explaining LR file management.
This course is designed to help you import and manage the thousands of images we accumulate as digital photographers. You will develop and understanding of:
1. How Lightroom approaches file management. What is it's logic?
2. The significance of the LR Catalog file. How to create and back it up routinely
3. Adding files that already exist on your hard drive
4. Importing files from SD cards. Import options
5. How to use external drives and cloud services
6. Using keywords for managing your files
7. How to setup and utilize "Collections"
8. Assigning a ranking to files for sorting
9. How to delete rejected files
10. Using compare and soft proof tools
11. Using Virtual Copies
Participants are encouraged (but not required) to bring a laptop with an active or free evaluation copy (available from Adobe) on it as well as a dozen or so images to work with on an SD card or jump drive.
Cost: $30 individual class
Cost: $50 for LR 1 and 2
Payable at start of class