addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo
A former member
Post #: 3
Hello everyone,

I am writing tonight with VERY good news. I have not been to a meeting in a while because I have been tutoring one of my Kaplan students who can only meet on Thursdays. The 2nd to last meeting I was at (probably a few months ago now) had a tremendous impact. All of you made a tremendous impact. So I am writing to thank you, and to give you one more reason to believe that LOA truly works.

At the meeting I speak of, I mentioned my frustration with trying to find a job. Many of you responded with great LOA advice. You told me I was pushing it away by believing it was difficult. That I shouldn't believe negative things about the economy and such had anything to do with me. That I should just put it out in the universe, keep being who I am and the right job would come to me. So, as a follow up to that my mom did the pink bubble exercise with me and I put all the things I wanted in this job within this bubble and let it float away and build momentum without my concern or effort.

In this bubble, I created a perfect job would come to me VERY easily; I would not have to chase after it. I imagined a certain salary, close to double what I have ever been paid at my previous non-profit jobs. I would have a great boss. I would be doing meaningful work. I would have the opportunity to put my best talents into practice and be very successful at what I was hired to do.

Then I stopped searching for a job. Previously, I had spent countless hours putting together perfect resumes, cover letters, etc., which just seemed to disappear into the abyss with no response from any employer. Beyond that, I started unsubscribing to email job alerts every time I received one. I just focused on increasing my tutoring hours with Kaplan and stopped worrying about finding a job.

So out of the blue this week I got a call from a Senior Day Center that I dropped my resume at LAST AUGUST and was given an interview for Wednesday. I almost didn't go. I thought the job might require too much time (since I'm finishing my Master's thesis) and not pay enough to be worth it (I had applied for an Activities Director position there--although I loved that kind of work, but it just didn't pay well; with my college debt, that was something I had to consider).

I decided to go anyway. Even though I was overtired. Even though it might be a waste of time, I just decided to go and see what would happen. I wasn't even wearing a suit. I hadn't prepared. But I walked in there and was offered the job. It wasn't even an interview really. He had decided before I walked in that I was the right person for the position.

Now to give myself credit. I am extremely resourceful, motivated, and always go way above and beyond my job descriptions. I have always taken on important responsibilities within my organizations, and made significant, lasting changes.

But even with all of that, this can only be attributed to LOA. I was not offered an Activity Director Position; I was offered the EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR position, reporting directly to the CEO. The salary I will eventually make will likely be HIGHER than what I asked for - the CEO actually thought I set my rate too low (though it was significantly more than I've ever been paid) and wants to pay me what I'm worth to keep me!! He want me to help him open the first facility then move with him to other facilities, as he opens them, to be ED there. I'm guessing from what he told me, that he's been operating his own business for about 40 years (so he's solid). He's also a compassionate man who decided to start these centers when he lost his own wife after a long battle with MS.

I just signed the employment contract today. They will be opening in a couple weeks. I will be starting out part time until we get to 1/2 capacity (probably a few months) which is ideal for me to work on my thesis. I am starting at the rate I initially asked for. Once I begin full time, I have already been told that I will receive a significant raise, and will receive more raises as I move on to larger facilities.

It's a lot of responsibility. But it's meaningful work. And I know that my unique talents and abilities will really have the power to make a difference in the lives of these senior citizens.

This job is everything I asked for, and more. And I honestly believe it would not have happened without LOA and without going to that meeting with all of you.

So thank you all, again, for this miracle that you guided me to manifest. :D

I should be able to attend another meeting after the 22nd. Maybe I will see you then.

Warm regards,
Billie
david
user 7878634
Philadelphia, PA
Post #: 19
Congrats to you Billie--I grew up with the philosophy of 'you are what you think' prior to the law of attraction being in vogue. Unfortunately, in retrospect, I never implemented it well. I appreciate your passionate and enthusiastic comments and best of luck with your new job.
Elaine
user 11297008
Hellertown, PA
Post #: 1
Dearest Billie, Thank YOU for your inspirational letter!!! What a wonderful job has found you, and you will be a HUGE asset to this new business--it is great to see the Law of Attraction in action, through you! Enjoy your new job, they are lucky to have found you!
A former member
Post #: 4
PS: I suppose when I look back, I was working 2 positions below the ED position at my last full time job, and was actually offered a job (before I took that one) that was only one position below. But I had lost confidence in myself since going back to grad school (in a very difficult program) and since receiving such a lack of response from prospective employers.

Also, another thing in our group that has been very powerful to me is the concept of "driftwood." For those not familiar, the way it was explained to me is that driftwood is when you see pieces of what you want in other people's experiences, or in coincidences, as a sign that the same thing is coming close for you (if you embrace the driftwood rather than push it away). This has totally changed my perspective. I tend to be envious of other people when they achieve successes in their personal and professional lives. But now, instead of being envious and putting that negativity out there - creating resistance to what I truly want - I think of it as driftwood. For example, if a friend gets a great job, great boyfriend, great opportunity, etc., instead of wondering what they're doing different/better, or why they're "luckier," I take it as a sign that those possibilities are getting close in my own life.

I shared all of the above so that perhaps it can be inspiration and "driftwood" for others in the group, as hearing about others' successes with LOA is always so motivating for me.
Daniel
Daniel-E
Paoli, PA
Post #: 5
Billie,

You are so right! Sending out positive loving vibes to those events only brings those vibrations deeper into our own vortex.

In Love, Light, and Oneness,

Daniel