Happy New Year !
Join us on Saturday 27th of January for a full day celebration of entrepreneurship & continuous improvement.
Whether you’re looking to learn about new trends in 2018, become more involved in the startup scene or even make a career change, this New Year Kickoff Workshop @ BECentral will be the perfect chance to act on those New Year’s resolutions!
Remember our “Lean Entrepreneurship Trends for 2017” evening seminar at the King’s Galery of last year ? Motivated by the success of that evening, we’re stepping it up a notch this year.
We are broadening our scope by looking into the 2018 trends in different areas of society (business, technology, lifestyle,…). How will these 2018 trends impact you (& your business) ?
We’re assembling a panel of trend watchers to examine the key trends for 2018. But that’s not all… We will also have startups pitches, open space sessions, networking opportunities, a game, an outdoor break in Brussels, 2018 personal planning focus and a 2018 proof lunch (with some 2018 gastronomic novelties for you to discover), ….
Here are some of our trend watchers:
- Deepak Mehta (on Overall Technology Trends)
- Jan De Clippeleer (on AI & Machine Learning)
- Alexander Suykens (on Continuous Improvement)
- Frederic Martin (on Corporate Marketing)
- Frederik Vannieuwenhuyse (on Integral Management)
- Jürgen Coetsiers (on IoT)
- Jesse Paquette (on Big Data)
- Nathalie De Ceulaer (on Investment Climate)
WE EXPECT TO SEE :
• startup enthousiasts (who are thinking about creating a startup or are in the early stages of their startup)
• corporate & SME innovators (who want to learn more about the innovation drivers in 2018)
• business leaders (who want to better understand the expected 2018 business trends)
• business coaches (who might be interested to know how the mindset of company employees is shifting)
• personal improvement addicts (who will be handed a lot of ingredients to refine their ambitions for 2018)
9.30 - 10.00 : Welcome
10.00 - 10.10 : Introduction (Carl Danneels)
10.10 - 10.50 : The Future is Turnkey Ready (Deepak Mehta)
10.50 - 11.30 : Startup Pitches - Part[masked] - 12.00 : AI & Machine Learning - Beyond the Hype (Jan De Clippeleer)
12.00 - 12.10 : Startup Pitches - Part 2
12.10 - 14.00 : Let's get out of the Building - Brussels Cultural & Gastronomic surprise
14.00 - 14.30 : Continuous Improvement : common sense or not ? (Alexander Suykens)
14.30 - 15.00 : Investment Trends (Nathalie De Ceulaer)
15.00 - 16.00 : Open Space
16.00 - 16.30 : Corporate Marketing Trends (Fréderic Martin)
16.30 - 17.00 : Internet of Things : status questionis (Jürgen Coetsiers)
17.00 - 17.20 : Effective Communication (at any scale) (Frederik Vannieuwenhuyse)
17.20 - 17.35 : Break
17.35 - 18.00 : What changes in 2018 for Startups & Closing ? (Carl Danneels)
18.00 - 18.30 : Networking Opportunity
- New Year, New Connections! What better way to welcome 2018 than with a networking mixer with Trend proof drinks and bites hosted by Lean Startup Belgium ?
18.30 - ... : some more Networking (including dinner for the ones interested)
Let’s Co-Create the Seminar Flow : Being Lean, we will finetune the agenda on the day with you
We want to keep this day break-even from a cost perspective. Admission is set at 25€ (food and drinks provided). Please pay the fees through Eventbrite (https://www.eventbrite.com/e/2018-societal-trends-outlook-tickets-42152229453) by Jan. 20th.
PLEASE ALSO RSVP WITH YOUR FULL NAME, including your guests. We need to have this information to admit you. RSVP will end at noon, Jan 20th.
Fill out your startup name in the RSVP question section if you want your startup to pitch it’s business idea or venture and let us know if you will take breakfast with us !
Join us on Saturday, January 27th to celebrate an exciting year to come !