*** REGISTRATION VIA EVENTBRITE ***
***No prerequisite knowledge is needed***
Join us at a full-day workshop to discover the brand new version of Playing Lean!
Playing Lean is both a serious board game and a great workshop format. Combined, it's a great way to kick start your learning about Lean Startup. You get to play a game, have a lot of fun and still call it work!
In Playing Lean, four teams of up to three players battle for control of the market. Can you build a new product that the customers want, faster than your competitors?
During the game, teams will do experiments, add features to the product, build the company and win new customers. The Lean Startup approach is at the heart of the game, and every experiment will introduce new concepts and vocabulary that the game facilitator will go through.
Playing Lean creates experiential learning, the kind you do not forget easily!
More info & registration on Eventbrite: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/playing-lean-2-workshop-getting-started-in-brussels-tickets-43444228858#tickets
---- Please note that only REGISTRATION via EVENTBRITE will be accepted ----
This meet up is for people interested in applying Lean Change Management and learning from others on how it's working for them and how they have experimented in different settings. Lean Change is an innovative, feedback-driven approach and is about fundamentally changing how we think about change. It will be of particular interest to practitioners with a background or interest in Organisational Change Management, Agile, Lean (Start Up), CX/UX, Design thinking, Project and Program Delivery. Anyone interested in how this approach works, to share experiences and learn from others is welcome. We expect participants with a diverse range of backgrounds and perspectives!
Pizza and beers will be served :)
Participation fee: 10€
Event is hosted by ‘SThree, global experts in specialist STEM Recruitment
Happy New Year !
Join us on Saturday 27th of January for a full day celebration of entrepreneurship & continuous improvement.
Whether you’re looking to learn about new trends in 2018, become more involved in the startup scene or even make a career change, this New Year Kickoff Workshop @ BECentral will be the perfect chance to act on those New Year’s resolutions!
Remember our “Lean Entrepreneurship Trends for 2017” evening seminar at the King’s Galery of last year ? Motivated by the success of that evening, we’re stepping it up a notch this year.
We are broadening our scope by looking into the 2018 trends in different areas of society (business, technology, lifestyle,…). How will these 2018 trends impact you (& your business) ?
We’re assembling a panel of trend watchers to examine the key trends for 2018. But that’s not all… We will also have startups pitches, open space sessions, networking opportunities, a game, an outdoor break in Brussels, 2018 personal planning focus and a 2018 proof lunch (with some 2018 gastronomic novelties for you to discover), ….
Here are some of our trend watchers:
- Deepak Mehta (on Overall Technology Trends)
- Jan De Clippeleer (on AI & Machine Learning)
- Alexander Suykens (on Continuous Improvement)
- Frederic Martin (on Corporate Marketing)
- Frederik Vannieuwenhuyse (on Integral Management)
- Jürgen Coetsiers (on IoT)
- Jesse Paquette (on Big Data)
- Nathalie De Ceulaer (on Investment Climate)
WE EXPECT TO SEE :
• startup enthousiasts (who are thinking about creating a startup or are in the early stages of their startup)
• corporate & SME innovators (who want to learn more about the innovation drivers in 2018)
• business leaders (who want to better understand the expected 2018 business trends)
• business coaches (who might be interested to know how the mindset of company employees is shifting)
• personal improvement addicts (who will be handed a lot of ingredients to refine their ambitions for 2018)
9.30 - 10.00 : Welcome
10.00 - 10.10 : Introduction (Carl Danneels)
10.10 - 10.50 : The Future is Turnkey Ready (Deepak Mehta)
10.50 - 11.30 : Startup Pitches - Part[masked] - 12.00 : AI & Machine Learning - Beyond the Hype (Jan De Clippeleer)
12.00 - 12.10 : Startup Pitches - Part 2
12.10 - 14.00 : Let's get out of the Building - Brussels Cultural & Gastronomic surprise
14.00 - 14.30 : Continuous Improvement : common sense or not ? (Alexander Suykens)
14.30 - 15.00 : Investment Trends (Nathalie De Ceulaer)
15.00 - 16.00 : Open Space
16.00 - 16.30 : Corporate Marketing Trends (Fréderic Martin)
16.30 - 17.00 : Internet of Things : status questionis (Jürgen Coetsiers)
17.00 - 17.20 : Effective Communication (at any scale) (Frederik Vannieuwenhuyse)
17.20 - 17.35 : Break
17.35 - 18.00 : What changes in 2018 for Startups & Closing ? (Carl Danneels)
18.00 - 18.30 : Networking Opportunity
- New Year, New Connections! What better way to welcome 2018 than with a networking mixer with Trend proof drinks and bites hosted by Lean Startup Belgium ?
18.30 - ... : some more Networking (including dinner for the ones interested)
Let’s Co-Create the Seminar Flow : Being Lean, we will finetune the agenda on the day with you
We want to keep this day break-even from a cost perspective. Admission is set at 25€ (food and drinks provided). Please pay the fees through Eventbrite (https://www.eventbrite.com/e/2018-societal-trends-outlook-tickets-42152229453) by Jan. 20th.
PLEASE ALSO RSVP WITH YOUR FULL NAME, including your guests. We need to have this information to admit you. RSVP will end at noon, Jan 20th.
Fill out your startup name in the RSVP question section if you want your startup to pitch it’s business idea or venture and let us know if you will take breakfast with us !
Join us on Saturday, January 27th to celebrate an exciting year to come !
Before you can build the “right” solution for your customers, you have to understand the “right” problem.
Inspired by the Scientific Method, the search for Problem/Solution fit started for Ash Maurya with creating a model — specifically a business model using a Lean Canvas. On that Lean Canvas, you take your best guess at articulating a customer and problem hypothesis. You then get outside the building and attempt to validate/invalidate your assumptions using a meta-script for the interview.
In his first book, Running Lean (https://www.amazon.com/Running-Lean-Iterate-Works-OReilly/dp/1449305172), Ash Maurya outlined a Problem Interview script for uncovering problems worth solving. Ash continued to update the script based upon his experiences, which recently lead to the Customer Forces Canvas, with a better framing around triggers and desired outcomes.
Let's have an interactive session, diving into this Customer Forces Canvas.
We will also take the opportunity to present our new team of Coordinators for Lean Startup Belgium. After having coordinated this Meetup on my own for a couple of years, it is the right time for expanding the Coordination Team.
A dedicated session on Lean UX, mainly based on what Jeff Gothelf has written on the subject.
Lean UX brings together design thinking, Lean and Agile principles to the design and User eXperience process. It’s time to get out of the deliverables business and take a lean approach!
You will learn how to start from assumptions instead of "requirements", how to do hypothesis-driven development, and the importance of experiments. Join us and learn about the build-measure-learn cycle of Lean UX!
We propose an agile approach for this session - you are part of the cross-functional team to make this session successful! We are mere facilitators of the session!
We have a 3 hour time-slot, the items on the agenda will be time-boxed.
• Example case (video)
• Why Lean UX?
• Hypothesis-based thinking
• Collaborative design
• Continuous discovery
• Feedback loops
A number of Tools & Techniques will be shared on Lean UX.
We will illustrate with examples.
We will make sure to put you at work in breakout sessions, either working on an example case - or more valuable: on your own case.
So think ahead before joining this session:
• What’s my current challenge?
• What do I need to learn? What are my uncertainties?
• What does my customer / end-user needs?
Meet the session host: Frederik Vannieuwenhuyse http://linkedin.com/in/frederikvannieuwenhuyse/ or http://twitter.com/vfrederik
• The event is free, but no-shows should pay 15 €, an amount that will go to the charity organization Avaaz
Erwin Heylen, Roman Verraest
From Ideation to Execution – A deep dive into Lean Acceleration Tools We promised a bi-monthly “Lean Startup Belgium” event and here we are with the second gathering of the year ! This time we wil take a deep dive into both ends of the Lean Startup spectrum : Ideation & Execution.
The first talk will be on “Why Execution Matters” and how Execution outcome can be improved. The second part of the evening will focus on Brainstorming for Startups, a hands-on exercise where we split up in 4 teams.
Both parts will be facilitated by experts in their field.
• We welcome you once again in the Co-Working space "Les Galeries" in the Koningsgalerij/Galerie du Roi near the Central Station in Brussels, our hot spot for 2017 (and what a splendid place it is).
• The event is free, but we agreed during the last event that no-shows should pay 15 €, an amount that will go to charity (we will let you know which organisation on the 15th).
Why Execution Matters (Petronela Zaharia)
• Too many good ideas never get implemented because developing good software is hard. If you’re doing that in the messy, uncertain, environment of innovation projects, it’s even harder. According to the CHAOS Manifesto by the Standish Group, only in 39% of the cases software projects succeed (delivered on time, on budget, with required features and functions). This number should change. During this session the top reasons will be presented why new projects fail in their execution, and how you could approach the execution of software projects in order to succeed.
• Petronela will also highlight a tool for startup owners active in the digital business field. This is a free canvas-like tool setting up the main aspects that one needs to consider when starting a new software product, on the execution side exclusively. The presentation will cover some essential aspects, critical for the success of the execution process.
Brainstorming techniques for Startups (Toon Herremans, Erwin Heylen, Roman Verraest )
• The second part of the evening will be dedicated to Brainstorming Techniques for Startups. This will be a hands-on exercise where we split up in 4 teams, who battle it out with one another.
• Each team will try to evolve substantially from getting their heads around a Challenge towards the first contours of a Solution. Each team will tackle the same Challenge, but with a different Brainstorming technique (including Brainswarming, Ralph Keeney’s 4 steps, …). These techniques will be briefly explained and then facilitated by 4 experts. After the Storming & a short “Results pitch”, we will decide together which team/technique is the winner of the Clash and try to figure out why.
Lean Entrepreneurship Trends for 2017
• It has been a while since we had a Lean Startup Belgium meeting. Too long if you ask me. The upcoming New Year is the perfect occasion to get back on track ! What's the status on Lean Enterpreneurship ? Where is it heading ? Three specialists in their field will give you their perspective on Lean 2017 and share their expertise.
• We welcome you for the first time in de Co-Working space "Les Galeries" in the Koningsgalerij/Galerie du Roi near the Central Station in Brussels. The perfect decorum to Kick-Off the New Year !
Lean Entrepreneurship Trends (Carl Danneels)
• Lean Startup is more relevant than ever. The emphasis has changed however to Lean Scaling, Lean Startup Studios & Lean Funding (incl. Funding Readiness). We'll tell you all about those trends.
Lean Scaling & the Software Paradox (Nick Boucart)
• Software has never been so important and disruptive, while it is becoming increasingly difficult to ‘make a decent buck’ with software. Cloud, hyper care, hyper scalability & extended product management are instruments that ‘scaleups’ can use to stay ahead.
The Evidence Based Investor (Dirk Creado)
• Companies applying lean startup principles has huge benefits for a fundraiser. The crux of the lean startup model is to reduce waste (by not working on the wrong thing for too long). It’s time we stop wasting precious time and resources on pitch meetings that could’ve been a lot more productive for everyone involved, especially the entrepreneur.
Lean Camp & Playing Lean (Frederik Vannieuwenhuyse)
• A small update on the status of some other Lean Facilitators, like Lean Camp & Playing Lean
About Lean Startup Belgium and the ScaleUp Academy in 2017
• We'll make sure to make it lean, but of course we want to treat you to a drink and a bite to kick-off the New Year.
Congratulations! You've found the right product-market fit, and it's now time to scale your business. But growing your organization often means slower decision making, increased complexity and higher chance for misalignments. How can you grow your business while staying lean?
And what about the Software Paradox ? Software has never been so important and disruptive, while it is becoming increasingly difficult to ‘make a decent buck’ with software.
Cloud, hyper care, hyper scalability & extended product management are instruments that ‘scaleups’ can use to stay ahead.
Nick Boucart & Carl Danneels will tell you all about the pitfalls and opportunities of Scaling your startups successfully.
Finally, Ann Fournier will present briefly how startups and Digipolis Antwerpen work together to build a smart city.
Welcome from 18h30 onwards, serving you a snack. Talks will start at 19h
See you soon!
ps : If you RSVP-ed at the meetup of the DigAnt Café, than you don't have to do it here!
PlayingLean full day workshop in Brussels. Learn about Lean Startup principles with the PlayingLean board game and expert insight! Learn by experiencing!
The workshop's facilitator is Tore Rasmussen, serial entrepreneur and co-creator of Playing Lean.
Please register here:
Low price early-bird tickets!
Thanks to VRT to make a location available for this event.
Thanks to Lean Startup Belgium (as communication partner).
Playing Lean Open Workshop - Brussels 10 December
• a fun tool to help your team think more innovative and entrepreneurial?
• an interactive way to teach the basics of Lean Startup?
• new insights that will help your business succeed faster and get things done?
Are you …..
an entrepreneur, entrepreneur, innovation manager, business consultant, developer or just plain curious to learn more about Lean Startup?
Then Playing Lean is just the thing for you, because .....
Life's Too Short to Build Something Nobody Wants. :-)
SIGN UP HERE (LINK TO EVENTBRITE) (http://www.eventbrite.com/e/tickets-playing-lean-workshop-brussels-19075238552?aff=LSCBMeetup)
What is Playing LEAN?
An interactive workshop designed to playfully teach the effect Lean Startup can have on your business, by competing in a physical board game - Playing Lean ( http://www.playinglean.com )
You'll learn the practical application of Lean Startup based on Ash Maurya's book Running Lean (http://leanstack.com/books/). After a basic introduction to the Lean Startup principles, you will join a team and battle each other for mass-market domination, gaining fresh new insights on the way Lean Startup approaches traditional business challenges, differently.
Price for the workshop is €85 p/p (ex. VAT),for a 4 hour fun-filled facilitated workshop.
For the first-movers we have a few EARLY-BIRD tickets at €35 p/p, so claim yours quickly!
BOOK YOUR TICKET HERE (Eventbrite) (http://www.eventbrite.com/e/tickets-playing-lean-workshop-brussels-19075238552?aff=LSCBMeetup)
You learn so much more when you experience learnings yourself. Therefor we use gamified learning and do not just explain theory.
Most importantly, you will learn a new, fast and structured approach to developing new innovative products & services that your customer DO WANT! Helping you and your organization save valuable time and resources......
We also offer In-company workshops for teams and organizations, with the same content, but also 1 and 2 day Enterprise Lean Startup workshops.