Back by popular demand!
Shifting 101: The Gears are Your Friends
The modern bicycle drivetrain is a marvel of mechanical engineering. Yet for all of its sophistication, we frequently hear about the frustration people experience with shifting their bikes into the right gear. Excessive drivetrain problems can of course be caused by an improperly adjusted derailleur, but it is also important to realize that shifting a bicycle is more than a matter of simply moving the shift levers.
This clinic covers everything you ever wanted to know about shifting, and a bit more. If you've ever felt that your bicycle has a mind of its own when it comes to shifting, this clinic will teach you how to make every shift with precision and finesse.
Come ready to learn and ready to ride. This clinic includes a 1-hour classroom session and a 20-minute guided practice on your bike led by Genesis Ambassador and LCI Instructor Bruce Hochman.
PLEASE NOTE: Class size is limited to TEN participants.
1. Learn the name and function of ALL parts of the bike drivetrain.
2. Understand how the front and rear derailuers move the chain to different gears.
3 Learn the Do's and Dont's of proper shifting.
4. Learn basic drivetrain maintenance and care.
5. Learn basic pre-ride bike safety checks.
6. Learn basic emergency road fixes for a dropped chain.
7. Take a short guided ride utilizing ALL the gears.
8. Bike Safe and Have Fun!