This group is for people who want to talk about the big issues that affect our lives. It is for people who want to take steps, no matter how small, to do something about the issues that concern us.
How can we live ethically in a society that promotes 'Rich Lists', yet forgets about the poor people in our neighbourhoods ? How can we live sustainable in a world where consumerism is closer to peoples hearts than compassion ?
Bring to the group what moves you, be it with enthusiasm or anger, sadness, wonder or joy ! There's too much smalltalk around, let's be the change we want to happen.
Ground rules and information:
- Please refrain from using your mobile phone during the time of the meeting.
- Please be on time.
- We respect each other and listen to each other, trying not to have more than one conversation around the table at once.
- Some of the topics might trigger things for people. Please be mindful of this.
- This group is open i.e. it is not focused on one particular belief system, perspective, view, etc.
- This group is not a forum for people to push personal agendas, such as trying to recruit members into a religious group, trying to market products, etc.
- If you say yes to attending, please turn up. One "did not arrive" is OK. If it happens more than once, you will be removed from this group.
- If you need to cancel your spot, please do it in plenty of time so that someone else can take your place. A day before the meeting if possible ! Not everyone lives close enough to get to the meeting at short notice.
- Each meeting is complete in itself i.e. this is not a series.
- If you would like to suggest a topic for a future meet up, please do so. Suggestions are very welcome.
It's no small matter, how we ought to live.
January 5 · 6:15 PM
Caring for ourselves
Are we caring for ourselves?
It is easy with the busy-ness of life to forget to care for ourselves both physically and emotionally.Our body/mind is an amazing work of... Learn more
Dec 20, 2016 · 6:15 PM
Christmas is coming.
Christmas is coming but we can start opening our presents today.
Let's open one present (a gift from the Universe) each day. We may not always recognise them as presents... Learn more
Dec 8, 2016 · 6:15 PM
What do you want?
What do you want? What do you want? What do you want? What do you want?
Do you have what you want? Do you want what you have?Does what you have make you happy? Will... Learn more
Nov 23, 2016 · 6:15 PM
Discuss our prejudices
We are not guilty of having prejudices as we seem to be hard wired to do so. It makes sense from an evolutionary view to have them as a survival... Learn more
Nov 10, 2016 · 6:15 PM
BYO evening continued.
Life, the Universe and Everything is about: human nature, psychology, philosophy, relationship/s, science and spirituality. Keeping this in mind... Learn more