The Austin Linux Meetup Message Board › (JOB) IT Analyst (Linux/Windows)
|A former member||
I work at Yodle (www.yodle.com) and our Austin office is looking for an IT Analyst (Sys Admin).
I am including a job description below. Please email a resume to me awecler at yodle.com and list meetup in the subject.
look forward to hearing from you and chatting about Yodle - http://www.yodle.com/...
Yodle is seeking an IT Analyst to provide top notch infrastructure and second-tier end user support in our Austin office. The ideal candidate will be customer focused, drives for results and has the ability to learn on the fly.
• Day-to-day management of the local office back-end corporate infrastructure, consisting of a mix of Windows and Linux servers, VMware hosts, and associated network components
• Active participant in a current project to integrate the Austin infrastructure with the rest of Yodle’s existing systems
• Management of the onsite Asterisk phone system
• Provide second-level end-user support for users of Windows and Linux workstations
• Maintain accurate inventory documentation
• Set up PCs, printers, peripherals, servers, and networking equipment
• Manage Computers, users and policy in Active Directory
• Assist in administration of network equipment, servers
• Willingness to work off-hours as necessary for time-critical projects
• Desire to provide excellent and efficient service
• Solid troubleshooting skills
• Solid understanding of server and network hardware
• Strong skills in one of the following: Windows Server administration, Linux Server administration, Asterisk administration, and a desire to deep-dive in the others
• Solid skills in common Microsoft business applications (Word, Excel, Outlook)
• Solid understanding of IP networking, firewalls, and external networking technologies
• Excellent communication skills and attention to detail
• Team player, able to work with both the onsite IT and Engineering staff, as well as a remote IT team spread across Yodle’s other offices
• A fast learner
• Experience with the IT and facilities requirements for office relocations
• Experience working with external networking providers
• Experience working with VMware virtualization technologies
• SIP exposure
• MCSE, RHCE, or other standard certifications