addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

The Austin Linux Meetup Message Board › Just got a complete family 100% Linux!

Just got a complete family 100% Linux!

A former member
Post #: 14
I got my sister on Ubuntu Linux about a year ago. Her son was running Windows XP Pro and playing games. Time Warner shut them down for some reason related to malicious activity (sister's son doesn't know enough to be dangerous to others).

I loaded Ubuntu and Wine and now he does everthing he needs for school and plays Guild Wars using Wine!
Bob C.
bob_carnaghi
Austin, TX
Post #: 38
Congratulations! This is inspiring. I'm not familiar with gaming apps, but I know there's stuff around for Linux. I've been trying to be an example of a working system when attracting people to Linux. Rocky, welcome to the group, hope to see you at a meeting.
A former member
Post #: 15
Thanks, Bob. My WIFE wants me to put Linux on her laptop and run Wine or VMware for her Quickbooks and real estate software. Now I only need to get my teenager on Linux and we will be complete Linux family #2. So we are working on that this evening.