Welcome to the Ladies Learning Code Victoria Meetup #33!
In this Meetup you will:
• Learn all about what we do, how workshops are set-up, hear from our instructors, volunteers and mentors and find out how to participate
• Receive a Battlesnake tutorial from John Oram of Dyspatch/Sendwithus. The Battlesnake tournament is a multiplayer version of the classic arcade game Snake. Teams have the day to program their AI Snake and in the evening each competes against multiple teams per round until one snake is left slithering. https://www.battlesnake.io/ Battlesnake resources page: https://www.battlesnake.io/resources/
• Chat with other women in tech or who are interested in breaking into it!
(Men are welcome, too! We just ask that you please invite a woman to join you learning code when you register for our workshops)
6:30pm - Doors
6:30-7:00pm - Icebreaker activity
7:00pm - LLC opening remark and Battlesnake tutorial
8:30pm - LLC closing remarks
More on Ladies Learning Code: Canada Learning Code designs, delivers, and partners on technology education for Canadians.
Join the conversation:
• Victoria - Facebook (facebook.com/learningcodeyyj), Twitter (twitter.com/learningcodeyyj) & (instagram.com/learningcodeyyj/)
• LLC HQ - Facebook (facebook.com/canadalearningcode), Twitter (twitter.com/learningcode) & Instagram (twitter.com/learningcode)
Register for the next LLC workshop on Eventbrite:
An Introduction to Ruby for Beginners - February 23rd, 2019 - http://bit.ly/LLCrubyFeb