addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-right-10x10arrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcredit-cardcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1languagelaunch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinlockm-swarmSearchmailmediummessagesminusmobilemoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahooyoutube

Hiking With Dean Message Board Group Main Forum › Preparations for Towsley Expedition

Preparations for Towsley Expedition

Dean
Hiker
Group Organizer
Canoga Park, CA
Hello,

I just want to make sure everyone who has RSVP's Yes know what they are getting into. This is an exploratory hike -- it is not for everyone. We will be hiking off-trail and attempting to follow old dirt roads that have not seen a vehicle in at least 50 years and longer. They will probably be washed out and overgrown.

There will be some meandering and maybe even walking in circles. I won't know where I am going until I get there -- and neither will you. I don't know how many miles its going to be or what the elevation gain is -- so don't ask. All I can promise is we won't be doing anything extreme or dangerous. If this kind of hike is not your cup of tea please change your RSVP now.

Wear long pants. Long sleeves recommended. There may be poison oak along the way. Bring plenty of water, some snacks and a camera.

You've been warned!

I noticed some of you who have RSVPed Yes have a habit of doing so and not showing up. If that is you then please have some consideration for those on the waiting list and change your RSVP.

/end of mean email

Dean
Sheriff, Hiking With Dean
http://www.hikingwithdean.com­