Sierra Club California/Nevada Wilderness Committee invites you to celebrate wilderness and join others who care about wild public lands in a fun-and fact-filled gathering in San Francisco on June 2, 2013.
- Preparations in CA/NV for the 50th anniversary of the Wilderness Act next year.
- Updates and upcoming actions on Forest Planning in California
- Agency presentations
- Legislative updates, if any
- Outings reports and upcoming plans, if any. AND--
- SPECIAL FEATURED PRESENTATION; U.S. Fish & Wildlife Service personnel will present on the Bay Area's own wilderness-the Farallon Islands, and the San Francisco Bay Complex of Wildlife Refuges ringing our Bay.
- Bay Area Off-road vehicle issue presentation--expansion for Carnegie SVRA? (Peter Rauch, SF Bay Chapter)
- Wilderness Land Trust-land acquisition update and special 50th anniversary proposal (Aimee Rutledge)
The June 2 meeting will take place at Sierra Club headquarters, downtown San Francisco, 85 Second St. (2nd and Mission), 3rd floor. The meeting starts at 10 am and continues till 5 pm. LUNCH (provided) is included in the meeting, and there could be an option for interested attendees to go out to dinner after wards.
Agency presentations have proved to be a very interesting and valuable part of our meetings over the years. We believe these are good for us, the public lands volunteers, and for our agency friends too. And, especially on plans for the 50th anniversary of the Wilderness Act, we are definitely working closely with the federal wilderness managing agencies.
Call [masked] if anyone wants to car pool at 7 a.m. from San Jose on Sunday.
PS: We plan a Saturday hike, June 1, in the Don Edwards National Wildlife Refuge; approx. 1 to 4 pm. Meet at 1 pm at the visitor center of the Don Edwards NWR, Fremont, CA. Contact Vicki Hoover if you have any problems at[masked]-5527.