Location visible to members
After two sessions for newbies, it's time for some real action! We'll value the Apple stock looking at its fundamentals and also other factors that could affect its price movement in the short, medium and long term.
Apple is currently trading at $97, much lower than its 52-week high of $135 it had achieved in 2015. Even though its a mega-cap stock, it has fallen as much as 50% in the past. Is it a good buy at $97 and what's the return that we can expect?
To get the most out of the session, I suggest you look and work out the following before the event:
- Enterprise Value (market cap + long term debt - cash)
- Annual historical and projected free cashflows
- Projected growth in revenue and profits
- Contribution of different products to revenue and profitability. i.e. think what would their numbers look like if they didn't have the iPhone
- Think of any macro or sector specific event that could affect them
Here are some suggested places where you can get most of the above info: FinViz (http://finviz.com/quote.ashx?t=AAPL), CityFALCON (http://cityfalcon.com/watchlists?assets=Apple), Trefis (http://www.trefis.com/stock/aapl/model/trefis?easyAccessToken=PROVIDER_ba08b4dad0145e97c4d99d02bd0175ce0dcdb028&from=search), Yahoo Finance (https://uk.finance.yahoo.com/q?s=AAPL)
• We'll also have Annamarie Cumiskey who'll talk about "fair share" investing.
Let me know if you have any feedback or if you'd like to present at the event.
Founder and CEO,