addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

London Bloggers Meetup Message Board › Longtime reporter: "Bloggers have taught me a lesson" about depend

Longtime reporter: "Bloggers have taught me a lesson" about dependency on sources

A former member
Post #: 2
Interesting article in Salon.com (you may need to watch a short ad first) about how "traditional" sports journalists in the US have become too close, too friendly, with their subjects in an effort to maximise access, and how bloggers (who rarely have such personal access) exemplify a return to more objective reporting.

Applicable, I think, to lots more types of reporting than just sport and to regions other than the US.