Long exposure photography is a genre in photography that is associated with fine art photography due to the surreal and other worldly effects long exposure photography can bring.
Lee Filters are one of the best quality filter makers there is. We will be providing all the filters and adaptors you'll need to to create similar effects to these images.
In this session you will learn about:
• Filter types - what they do - how and when to use them
• How to choose the correct exposure time
• How to focus and compose your image
• What to buy if you want to pursue this type of photography
• Post processing tips
This is a small workshop to ensure you get a good understanding of the concepts, and enough time to practice to ensure you'll be able to get the same results when you're out on your own.
We provide the following Lee Filters:
• Big & Little Stoppers
• ND Grads
• Filter holders
• Lens adaptors
What you need:
• A trigger release - your built in timer only gives you 30 seconds which isn't long enough to create some of the desired effects.
• A tripod - this is essential!
• Fully charged battery
• Kit lens or wider
What you need to know:
• How to put your camera into Manual and Bulb Mode
• How to change your ISO, Aperture & Shutter speed
We will help you if you're unsure, but may need you to bring your user manual or have it on your phone so we can help. We have knowledge of many brands of cameras but not all!
What to wear:
• Shoes with a good grip for walking over (potentially) wet rocks
• Trousers you don't mind (potentially) getting a bit muddy
Refunds are not offered for this Meetup.