addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

THE London Singles Meetup Group Message Board › All You Lovely London People!

All You Lovely London People!

Wilber W.
WilberWebb
Group Organizer
London, GB
Post #: 1,956
All You Lovely London People!
This is the place for you! A brief explanation of THE London Singles to answer all your questions

As I now seem to spend most of my time at our massively crowded and welcoming events explaining meetup and answering questions. I find organising rewarding, since I'd also like to spend some time getting to know some of the folks who show I thought I'd put out this manifesto ...A luuuv manifesto!

THE London Singles Group exists for the sole purpose of casual get-togethers in a friendly environment where everyone feels welcome. No gimmicks or lame dating site party games, but a real world social scene with hundreds of new people to meet at each and every event. After 8 years of running successful events we find the best way to meet someone new is to shake up your social structure a little, so grab a drink and get ready for a good ol' fashioned get together!

We are not affiliated with other meetup groups, or the meetup website in general! Meetup.com is mearly an online tool I use for bringing folks together from the eithernet. Most of our members came to our site directly, not off of other meetup sites!

A new phenomenon on Meetup that has developed over the past year is one of lots of new groups, some very original, others less so. It is not too surprising that the most successful ones are run with care by organisers who genuinely want to bring people together. Unfortunately egotism and petty opportunism seem to be rife amongst many of these groups.

Our point is that this, or any, online group does not have to make a profit in order to exist~ that is a very socially liberating thing.

Also neither our group nor our events have a "theme" or point they are trying to prove. There are no lamo party games, ice brakers nor central lecture to get in the way of good folks meeting one another. This seems to the real theme of this new meetup.com; of folks drifting between meetup groups; from Yoga tantric mountain climbing meetups to philosophic dogma meetups and meetups that bring their so called "business expertise" in exchange for a fee. All filled with members just wanting to say hello to one another. We just cut out the middle man!

That does not mean that all our succsful TLS events over the past 8 years are mearly a cascading accident. A lot of planning goes into them, for maximum freedom of emotion and expression. It is no accident to create an environment where all attending feel comfortable withone another and the best qualities in people can be brought to the fore. And to bring together hundreds of new people to each event is no mean feat!

To me this is the best way to find a life partner or just to meet new friends. As grown adults we often get stuck in social patterns or spend most of our time at work. This group genuinely breaks the ice with new, interesting people you may share tube rides, large stadium events and London in general with, anonymously, but never get the chance to really know. We create an open environment (and do I mean by all attending) that is closer to the socially open, friendly playground of earlier life than the pickup pub. That's why, I think, its so popular!

I hope you recomend us to all your online mates, hoovering good folks online! It's great to meet other folks with the right attitude.

Wilber Webb x
Wilber W.
WilberWebb
Group Organizer
London, GB
Post #: 1,957
IMPORTANT: If you get deleted just sign back up again!
Wilber Webb Posted Aug 15, 2006 6:09 PM

The Meetup people [the site hosts] in their infinite wisdom have set up an automatic member deletion program into their system. God only know why.

If you do get deleted from London Singles meet up for whatever reason please do not hesitate to resign back up again; Don't take it personally its the robot on the site not you; we hate to loose anyone on the London Singles meet up site!

Thank you for your patients

WilberWebb
Group Organizer
London, GB
Wilber W.
WilberWebb
Group Organizer
London, GB
Post #: 2,055
Take it easy! x
Wilber W.
WilberWebb
Group Organizer
London, GB
Post #: 2,119
Easter Bank Holiday in Turkey!
4 Days off work; spend them in the Sun!
http://www.meetup.com...­

Friday and Monday are both Bank holidays making for four days off: So lets make a great trip to the warm weather of Turkey!

Register your interest now! If enough people do then I will sort out all the details! Approx £300 for hotel and flights. There will be a load of us going together and lots of great events planned from nights out clubing to great historical sites!

RSVP Today
http://www.meetup.com...­