addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

London Vegan Meetup Message Board › free Christmas event, help!

free Christmas event, help!

Mia
user 34696442
London, GB
Post #: 10
Hello everyone, i am hoping to hold a free Christmas festival in north London on 25th Nov. We have treatments, a yoga class, eco minded film showing's and a give and take all for free. All Thats needed to organise is the food! I need to find out how to get free food (!) and lovely people to help create it in to some fabulous Vegan feast! Any advice or help would be gratefully received!
All details will be posted on here once things are a bit more certain!
Thanks again, Mia. X
Richard Ⓥ M.
RichardⓋMolyneux
London, GB
Post #: 367
Can you be a bit more specific than 'north London' please Mia, so I can advise of possible companies that might be able to assist. Cheers

P.S. Bear in mind that someone will need to bring the food, and freebies (i.e. product samples) might need to be kept chilled/frozen.

If you hold a public event there might also be health and safety/public liability issues. It seems to be a grey area, with some organisers asking for form filling (e.g. listing ingredients) and reading/signing of hygiene docs , whilst others don't bother.
Mia
user 34696442
London, GB
Post #: 11
Hi Richard, yes the venue is at Pakeman Primary School which is in holloway. I need to double check but I'm almost certain that we could store any food in their fridge - although probably not for days before (just a couple of days?).
I didn't even think of health and safety issues! I will try and look in to that thanks. If I don't have to bother with it I'd be quite pleased!
Thanks again for any assistance or pearls of wisdom you can share!
Mia x
Richard Ⓥ M.
RichardⓋMolyneux
London, GB
Post #: 372
Thanks Mia. It might also be worth contacting local veg restaurants, to see if they can help out.

When we held an event at Harrow, we were able to get food 'samples' from a number of local places, in exchange for helping to publicise them.

And, even if they can't provide anything, don't forget to ask them if they can display a flyer/poster for you.
Richard Ⓥ M.
RichardⓋMolyneux
London, GB
Post #: 373
I notice that nothing is up for the 25th yet, do suggest/announce your event ASAP, before the date gets swamped and people make other plans!

It's better to put basic details up (title, date and venue) than have nothing at all. I can help get it announced on here, and on some of the other Meetup groups (like my Surrey one), you can announce it yourself.
Richard Ⓥ M.
RichardⓋMolyneux
London, GB
Post #: 379
See this example Meetup on the Surrey group (event created but not yet announced).
L.Galvin
user 11280387
London, GB
Post #: 18

Hi Richard

Thank-you for your sugguestions.
I agree that once the event is announced we might get a few more people coming on board.
I'm trying to help Mia with this as i know she is really keen to get things off the ground and just needs a bit of help doing so.
At the moment she is keen to get people involved who can bring food and help with the potluck side of things.
Do we have any members that can bring some food?

Thanks Everyone.

Regards

Linda
L.Galvin
user 11280387
London, GB
Post #: 19

Hi Richard ( and all)

Might be good for it to put it on the vegetarian meet up group aswell.

Regards

Linda
Richard Ⓥ M.
RichardⓋMolyneux
London, GB
Post #: 380
Until people start using Robb's VegEvents Calendar more, it's best to cross post to most of the major Meetup groups.

The Meetups can request helpers and food for the potluck, but if they're not created soon then it'll be too late. What's the hold-up Linda, and why isn't Mia commenting on here?
Richard Ⓥ M.
RichardⓋMolyneux
London, GB
Post #: 381
Once Mia is happy with how my example­ looks, I can send her the HTML code, so she can just cut and paste it onto the other groups... simples ;-)