addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

London Vegan Meetup Message Board › free Christmas event, help!

free Christmas event, help!

L.Galvin
user 11280387
London, GB
Post #: 20
Hi Richard

Mia hasn't been online much as she is in the Lake District at the moment and her internet service
is really bad so she can't get online.
I think she went before our discussion took off.
she is back on sunday so hopefully then she will comment on everything we have said about getting the event announced and requesting help and food for the potluck.
When Mia began this discussion she did ask for help but it's probably best to announce the actual meet up and then request the help as people can then see that it is happening etc.

Thanks Richard
Mia
user 34696442
London, GB
Post #: 13
Hello Richard and Linda thank you so much for all the help already! The post you created is great, I'm glad you've got it up there already. I was a little scared to put it up as it means its def happening! I will read through things properly and contact you 2mo if ok? Thanks again! Xx
Mia
user 34696442
London, GB
Post #: 14
Thank you Richard the example for the post is great. If we could put that up that would be fantastic. Sorry for my lack of communication, i was in the lake district - beautiful but not 3g friendly! For opening times i was thinking of 10.30 til 4.
When i last spoke to Linda, she told me about many more Vegan websites i knew nothing of! I need to get on to these too. X
Mia
user 34696442
London, GB
Post #: 15
by the way I've just had a look at the Veg events calendar. What a fantastic idea! Its amazing no one thought of this earlier!
Richard Ⓥ M.
RichardⓋMolyneux
London, GB
Post #: 383
Hi Mia, hope you enjoyed the Lake District. I'll set the times on the Surrey group and message you the HTML, so you can copy and paste it onto the London Meetup groups.

I had the idea about the combined calendar a couple of years ago, but couldn't figure out how to display the data (I only got as far as having it working with my personal Google calendar). In the end, it took Robb, with his technical know-how, to get it working properly.
Nishma
user 9557847
London, GB
Post #: 11
Hi Mia,
Vegan Campaigns can probably give you some advice. They used to do organise Free Vegan food sampling in London. http://www.vegancampa...­

Your event is so close to Animal Aid's Christmas Fayre in Kensington on 2nd Dec. http://www.animalaid....­

I hope the above is useful. Hope to meet you at one of the events.
Best wishes,
Nishma.
A former member
Post #: 1
Hi Mia

I make vegan cakes and would be interested in helping with event if you still have a need for cakes. We are The Vegan Tart. Visit us at www.thevegantart.co.uk or www.facebook.com/thevegantart for pictures.

I have to work later in the day but I could be there to deliver the cakes and to maybe set up. What time is your event?

Hope to hear from you soon.
Dumisani
Mia
user 34696442
London, GB
Post #: 17
Hello,

Nishma I will definately get on to vegan campaigns and see what they have to say - thanks for the tip - I know this is close to the animal welfare xmas fair (its my b'day that day too!) but I knew once we get into Dec people get busy with the 'christmas rush'.

Dumisani, you're offer is amazing, thank you so much. I've had a look at your website and the cakes look to-die-for! If you're able to donate anything like that, that would be wonderful!
We are opening from 11 til 4. Where are you based?

Much love and thanks,
Mia x
miadukelow@aol.com
A former member
Post #: 2
Hi there

We are in south London, I think I'll probably be able to come along and help out on the whole day. How many people do you expect to have? Also, if I donate cakes would I be able to bring leaflets, banner etc there? Like I said I'd be able to man my space or be a jack of all trades.

Thanks
D
Richard Ⓥ M.
RichardⓋMolyneux
London, GB
Post #: 389
Where can I find the event listed on Farcebook? Cheers