addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

London Vegan Meetup Message Board › VegFest is coming! (Help wanted...)

VegFest is coming! (Help wanted...)

Robb
robbmasters
Group Organizer
London, GB
Hi all,
After successful shows in Bristol and Brighton, this is the first year that VegFest is coming to London - with talks and presentations, cookery demos and workshops, music and comedy performances...  and up to 180 stalls across two floors of Kensington Olympia from 5 - 6 October.
London Vegan Meetup will be on at least two of those stalls. Much like with the Animal Aid Christmas Fayre, we'll be helping the Vegan Society to run their stall. But we'll have our own stall too!
So we're looking for volunteers for both stalls on both days: the London Vegan Meetup stall will only involve providing information; the Vegan Society stall will involve selling too.
But even if you can't volunteer, there are lots of things you can do to help...
Unlike most of the organisations exhibiting at VegFest, we don't have any merchandise to sell. We don't even have much to give away - just little "business cards" with the group's details. Therefore we're also looking for suggestions on what we can do with the stall.
We're planning to print colour photos of previous events, to show the kinds of things we get up to. So do you have any suitable images? (If people in the photos are readily identifiable, we should ideally have their consent too.)
We're also talking to other organisations (such as the Vegan Society) about other literature we can help distribute for them. Do you have contacts with other vegan organisations who'd like us to do the same? (They probably need to be non-commercial organisations.)
Do you know anyone who'd be happy to donate items to a prize draw for anyone who signs up in the week after the show? (This is just an idea at the moment.)
Do you have any other ideas? What can we do to make our stall more interesting - with next to no budget? (Of course, if you'd like to increase our budget, we're always happy to take donations­!)
Having our own stall at VegFest is a first for London Vegan Meetup. But with your help, I'm sure we can make it a success!
Cheers,
Robb
PS You can discuss any idea in the corresponding thread on our Message Board.
Ranjan J.
RanjanJoshi
London, GB
Post #: 1
I am volunteering for the AWP(Animal Welfare Party) on both the days. How about distributing AWP leaflets?smile Though probably best to check with Vanessa first. Thanks.
Robb
robbmasters
Group Organizer
London, GB
Post #: 74
Thanks Ranjan. Yes, I suggested this to Vanessa when she gave her talk at Pogo. I know AWP will have their own stall. But it doesn't hurt to spread the word. ;-)
Natalie H.
user 98653582
London, GB
Hi Robb,

I'm a new member and as of yet I haven't been along to any meet ups. However, I'm keen to get involved and I'd love to volunteer at the stall one of the days. Also, I'm an artist and would be happy to donate some work for prize giving. It is animal related artwork; if you're interested in seeing some let me know. I won't be offended if you don't think it's suitable. Also, perhaps some vegan baked goods could be given as prizes, if this doesn't breach any health and safety regulations!

Natalie
Vanessa A.
user 50087752
London, GB
Post #: 2
Hi Robb, both me and my husband would be glad to help and volunteer on the event.
If you want I can also donate one copy of my cookbook that is coming out in September to the prize draw.
Let me know.
Steven OG S.
SOGS
London, GB
Post #: 7
Of course Snr Robb. You know what beer I like, right?

;-p

Happy to do a slot or two on the stall.
Gemma S.
user 38062582
London, GB
I would absolutley love to voluteer, the whole day, or shifts, I don't mind!
I'm a newbie too, and have only been to two meet-ups, but I really enjoyed them both, and the group is fueling my passion for my decision to be vegan, I want to spread the word! Let me know how I can be of help! I'll be racking my brain for ideas too!
Elka
user 46227762
London, GB
Post #: 5
Hi Robb,

I'd be happy to volunteer. Not sure which day I'll be attending but pencil me in for a shift.

Elka
Lesley D.
Lesleyvegandove
Hampton, GB
Post #: 206
I think I already told Thomas Micklewright (who as you will know is coordinating the setting up of vegan groups in a lot of different London boroughs), that I would volunteer one of those two dates, so can you tell me if you are sharing with him or is your stall separate? It gets confusing with so many groups in London.
Robb
robbmasters
Group Organizer
London, GB
Post #: 76
Thank you everyone. If you're interested in volunteering, could you send me a message with your email address? I plan to email all volunteers soon.

Lesley: Although I'm helping Thomas with the Camden Vegan Society, we're not sharing stalls at all.