Location visible to members
Century Ride Training Series - FAST
Marathon Crash Race
Yes that's the correct meet up time! The Marathon Crash Race starts at about 4:30am and it takes an hour to organize the participants. Let’s take advantage of the streets being closed and enjoy an early morning bike ride from the city to the beach. So get to bed early the night before, perhaps as soon as we return from picking up our official bibs, and join us for a memorable bike ride from Los Angeles to Santa Monica. Just think we’ll be finish riding 26-miles before the roosters crow.
This Fun Action Skills Training (FAST) ride is part of the CRTS for the SB100 but anyone can participate in the race or volunteer (details below).
Before the Race - Meet at the Bank of America, 4510 Franklin Ave. 90027. Be at the southwest corner of Franklin Ave. and Hillhurst Ave. by 3:20am. Arrive early enough to find parking and gather your bike/things. At about 3:25am we’ll roll to Tang’s Donut - 4341 W Sunset Blvd. 90029 (Sunset Blvd. and Fountain Ave, official staging area) and line up for the race.
The BofA area is more desirable than the official staging area; Tang’s is less than 1-mile away.
During the Race – Try to stay in pairs/clusters but it may be difficult because there will be over a thousand riders. Some of our fellow BNC riders may choose to compete (full force) and some may enjoy pedaling a bit slower. 95% of the participants are there to enjoy the ride. Between now and race day we can share our plan and group up accordingly. It’s always good to have a fellow rider nearby – No Rider Left Behind.
At the End of Race - Regroup at Palisades Park, 900 Ocean Avenue (Ocean & Idaho Ave) and then ride 10-miles towards the Culver City Metro Station. We’ll stop for breakfast along the way before boarding the train.
* Racers must register at www.wolfpackhussle.com (click here) (http://wolfpackhustle.com/)
* VERY IMPORTANT: read the details on the official site even if you don’t register
* You don’t have to register to participate but it's cool to have a bib as a memento
* A few of our fellow riders have already registered and the day before the race we’re doing the MCR Bib Pick-Up Ride and it will be a very casual ride. We’ll start from the NoHo post office at 3:00pm and ride for 20-miles to Los Angeles, drop off the registrations & pick up our bibs, then take the train back to NoHo. Soon after that…time for a nap before we regroup at 3:20am!
I can't do the ride, can I help in anyway? Yes, send an email to
firstname.lastname@example.org - Subject: VOLUNTEER (click here)
- Geared, or single speed, tuned bike
- helmet (mandatory), gloves, head warmer
- spare tube(s), small pump
- Bike lights: rear & front (mandatory)
- Lightweight layers, wind breaker jacket, etc. (It’s chilly at 3:30am)
- Water & snacks
- Cell phone, small camera
- Cash for emergency & food ($3 for metro, $4.50 without a metro card)
- Pump tires: rear max psi & front 5 psi below max
Suggested psi range is located on side of tires.
Please ensure that you are in good health before participating in an activity like this one. My function as an assistant organizer is only to organize the events and I assume absolutely no responsibility for you or your guests. By signing up for a bike ride, hike, or any other event organized by this group, you are acknowledging that you are aware and made your guests aware of the risks, dangers, and hazards associated with any outdoor activity, and you accept, and fully assume all such risks, dangers, and hazards, and further agree to release, and discharge the Organizer, Assistant Organizers, and event hosts of this Meetup Group from, and against any, and all liability arising from your and your guest's participation in the group activities.