addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Louisville Square and Contra Dances Message Board › Old-Time / Bluegrass Musician considers moving to Louisville, need advice

Old-Time / Bluegrass Musician considers moving to Louisville, need advice

A former member
Post #: 3
Hello Everyone!
Someone may have read my other post on the other thread: I am an american living in Argentina currently with my Argentine wife and my 2 year old son Joshua. I come from a very old Kentucky family and I have family in Louisville and also down river in the Owensboro area. My wife and I have been involved in missions here but are returning to the US. Also, My mother will be retiring and returning to Kentucky within the next few years to be closer to family. We want to move to the area as well to be closer to family and my mother and we are looking very closely at Louisville to live. I haven't been to Louisville in more than 10 years but I know the area well. I'm interested in the Okolona, Fairdale area, over on the outskirts of Louisville, is this a good area to live in? Another area is "Valley Station" right before Muldraugh Hill but I here this a flood prone area? I have deep Kentucky roots and play the Mandolin, Fiddle and Banjo so I am kind of a country boy LOL. But my wife and I need to pursue careers as well. My wife is Argentine and we are both fluent in English as well as Spanish. We want to develop careers that will allow us to use our bilingual skills greatly. My wife is thinking courtroom or medical translation as this is a growing field in the US. I'd like to know how the standard of living and job market is fairing in Louisville right now? Opportunities? My family says the housing market hasn't been affected as badly in Kentucky as it has been in some other areas of the US? Any insight would be very valuable...
Thanks!