addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcredit-cardcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Love-A-Bull Pit Bull Meetup Message Board › Need to Borrow a Crate, Please

Need to Borrow a Crate, Please

Angel
Angel_About_ATX
Austin, TX
Post #: 5
Hello! I am a new love-a-bull member and this weekend we will welcome our little girl, Cosette, into our home! We can't wait to meet you all!

Cosette has not been crated up to this point, and she lives with cats and is house broken and does not chew on furniture, etc. We are not sure if we will buy a crate for longterm, but we want to start with one while we establish trust with our cat and so she has the option while she is adjusting.

Does anyone have a crate we could borrow to accommodate 25-30lb Cosette for a week or two? Thanks! We are also looking at baby gates as an option.

Angel
kangelhorne@gmail.com
A former member
Post #: 13
Congrats Angel! You know we're glad to have you of course. :) You might just find some cheap ones for sale on Craigslist. I bought an awesome 30" double-door for about $65 a couple years back. Plus if you do decide to buy one and not keep it forever, you can always re-sell or donate.

I now think training makes a lot of sense especially for younger dogs and just dogs that are new to the home. It's for their safety and comfort, as well as your house. Believe me, I did not get the crating before learning about it, but now it totally makes sense.

While I would probably not agree with everything, here are two articles you can read about it: Petfinder: The Benefits of Crate Training and HSUS Crate Training.

And this is just my opinion, not speaking on behalf of Love-A-Bull.
Marcus
user 12789900
Austin, TX
Post #: 1
Hi Angel, I have a crate you can have. It's not in the best shape but it works.

~Marcus
Angel
Angel_About_ATX
Austin, TX
Post #: 6
Thanks, Marcus! I just saw this, but we borrowed a crate from Linda. Thanks so much!