addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo
cindy
user 8794896
Columbiana, OH
Post #: 1
we currently live in ohio but are planning to move back to the austin-san marcos area before the year is over, we have a 2 year old female doberman and a 1 year old female pit. both our girls have been on the raw diet - we drive an hour to a butcher in pa, we were wondering if anyone knows if there are any butchers down there that we can get their meat from. if anyone knows, please let me know. i'd appreciate it very much.
thanks so much for your help! we can't wait to get down there and join your group!

cynthia
Joseph S.
skyydiver
Austin, TX
Post #: 5
Hi Cynthia!!! We look forward to having you and your girls back in Austin!!! Yes, there are several places around town that will be able able to assist. Most of the HEB's in town have meat markets and you can also visit either of the two Central Market locations (one on 38th street and one on Westgate).

Joe
Joseph S.
skyydiver
Austin, TX
Post #: 8
There is actually a group for this...

http://www.meetup.com...­

smile
Teresa T.
user 10009251
Round Rock, TX
Post #: 1
Hi Cynthia,
Your question actually brings up something I had wanted to post. I feed my pups a combination raw diet and an all natural dog food (approved for human consumption quality). I realize that many people spend a lot of money on dog treats, etc. My pups' favorite treats are beef ribs right out of the meat isle at HEB. They're usually around $1.56 lb which is actually cheaper than "dog treats". They last longer, are good for my pups and are obviously natural. My holistic vet said that as long as bones are raw and not cooked (cooked ones can cause serious problems), they're the best treat all around. For those of you who have puppies, you may want to start out with pork bones. They are much softer than beef bones. Pork neck bones go on sale frequently for $.99 p/lb. If your dog "gobbles" their treats/food, you may want to steer clear of bones in general of course.
S.A.D. Dog Sushi L...
saddogsushi
Austin, TX
Post #: 147
Cynthia!

Did you end up moving here? If so, we are a raw dog food supplier in the Austin area. We have hundreds of clients in Austin and we offer everything from customized diets to purchasing in bulk or by the pound.

We have everything from Buffalo to Quail and all the prey animals in between!

Thanks

Alissa