addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Love-A-Bull Pit Bull Meetup Message Board › New to Texas, anyone want to play with us???

New to Texas, anyone want to play with us???

A former member
Post #: 1
Hi, My name is Tiffany. My family and I moved here in February. We had only one dog when we got here. We added another to our family just recently. Harley is our older pit mix. She was in a shelter back home. When we got her she did not know what grass was. She was afraid of everything and did not know how to run. Harley has blossomed into a great dog. She is just the best. To get her a friend we went to Craig's list. We got Chewie from a family who had no time for him. Boy were they right. He has very little social skills, is afraid of everything and has no manners. I would like for him to play with some other dogs that are big and not afraid of him. He can get into the "bully" frame of mind when it suits him. He does push smaller dogs around, I am working on this but I think it will be a long time in coming. We go to the Round Rock dog park almost every weekend, but play by ourselves due to the opinion of others. I worry Chewie will not understand other peoples fear and not respond well. If anyone would like to play just give me a shout and we will be there. Friday and Saturday are best for us. Please let us know, You can get a look at us as new members! Thanks
Michele G.
thegrahams
Austin, TX
Post #: 1
We recently adopted our baby from TLAC where he had been for almost 3 months (he's only 11 months now). We have been working with him to get him over his institutionalized behaviors (fear, hyper-activity, etc.) and medical problems - mostly solved. We have really been working hard on his basic manners and he's done great! We are at the point that we need to socialize him with other dogs, he doesn't even know that he's supposed to sniff the booty! He wants to play with other dogs, but since he doesn't understand the proper doggie greetings other dogs take him as aggressive - which he's not. We even had a tiny dog attack him. Which he didn't even respond to, he just sort of looked at us like "huh? why did they do that?.

Please let us know if you would like to get together and play. Thanks
A former member
Post #: 2
Sure we would love to play! I will bring my female she is older and understands puppy's don't understand all the time. They will have a great time. I have Thursday thru Saturday off so if one of those days work for you just let me know. I have been gone for a while and want to get back in the park. Send me something a idea and I'll let you know. We live in Round Rock but a truck ride is no big deal for us,just let me know what you have in mind. I'll be out some Friday-dropping off some dog food to a laid off person. But other than that I'm free all day. You can send to my yahoo too if you want. mrsredny@yahoo.com
Jane von V.
user 8019534
Austin, TX
Michele,
I have a 2 1/2 yr old female who would love to meet your pittie boy. I'm in Barton Hills and have a fenced yard to play in. Ours still cannot be trusted not to run off just yet. She likes to run and wrestle and is a great playmate one-on-one. If you want to meet up, contact me at jane.von.voros at gmail dot com.
Jane
Michele G.
thegrahams
Austin, TX
Cool thanks, I will send e-mails with more info.

April :.
KashiyumeKoinu
Round Rock, TX
Post #: 36
I have a 1 /2 year old neutered mail pittie named Michi. We used to visit the Dog Depot in Round Rock, but it has been sooo hot lately.

We have training this Sunday close by and would love to meet fellow pittie lovers. Michi's nickname is The Beast because he is 80 pounds and has tons of energy. He loves to play, but sometimes gets a little excited and grabs the collars of other dogs and that scares some people...simply because he is a Pit Bull.

He is gentle with pupppies and likes to chase balls, but does not bring them back yet.

Let me know if anyone will be at the Round Rock dog park about 12:15 -12:30 and we will be there.

April :-)
Michele G.
thegrahams
Austin, TX
Post #: 3
We'll go, husband says we'll go on Sunday
A former member
I live on the south side of town. Of you ever come down this a way please let us know
A former member
I can't go on Sunday I work Sunday's..sad But we could do it on a Saturday that would be great. I'll check in with everyone in the next week.Thanks Tiffany
Michele G.
thegrahams
Austin, TX
Post #: 4
April,

thanks for taking the time - braving the heat - to meet us at the dog park today, it was great seeing how well Dongkay did with the other dogs! Maybe we can do it again sometime when its not so HOT!!!