West Ashley Wordsmiths
1. Find the place. Total Wine & More is located on Ashley River Road (Hwy 61) at the intersection with Sam Rittenberg Blvd. (across from the Barnes and Noble shopping center).
2. Introductions as necessary, to include:
B. Writing aspirations.
C. What you would like to get from these meetings.
3. Optional assignment for those who need a nudge:
“Are you a person that’s on time or are you always running late? Is it important to be prompt? Why or why not?”
~ Source: http://www.teachwithme.com/blogs/writing-prompts-of-the-month/item/31-october-writing-prompts#sthash.j37CnPee.dpuf
4. Share work for feedback. Please don’t let a lack of work keep you from attending. It is our mission to help you light that spark. If you post work ahead of time in The Reviewing Arena on the Message Board under the “Discussions” link at the top of your screen, we’ll be able to provide more constructive reviews based on detailed analysis.
5. Some spontaneous conjuring to stir the embers of your imagination.
6. Open forum. Topics could include, but are not limited to:
A. Locating material for your writing.
B. Talking with your characters.
C. Writing what you know and faking what you don’t.
~ all these from “The No-Experience-Necessary Writer’s Course” by Scott Edelstein
Let the creativity flow from your soul!