This Thursday is the First Thursday of the month and time for the Left Hand of Liberty Dinner.
As usual, we will meet at 6:30pm at China Buffet (show up whenever you like, we get thrown out at 9:30pm) 800 S. Hover Road in Longmont (SE corner of Hover and Nelson). Entry from Nelson. The anchor store is Hobby Lobby.
This is our monthly Liberty Dinner and discussion group. We try to stick to local politics, to support or denigrate the volunteers elected to set policy in our local communities. If your interest is at the local level; the government that repairs your sidewalk and taxes your garbage, then Left Hand of Liberty is your thought and action group.
As the group gets larger, it's generally a free for all. Expect the unexpected topics, or venture one yourself.
• Approval Voting gets top billing with LHoL until the end of the 2017 session. It will not be boring, promise.
• Longmont Parks in Revival
- new leadership sans chainsaw
• Paul Danish wants to reshape his past
- help him with your vote
• Is the statewide initiative process Denver-centric?
- The legislature certainly is. More laws are needed for bigger cities.
• The Shaffer Hemp Update
- harvesting more than tee shirts.
• Approval Voting for Colorado seeks proponents to
- write and call your state reps and ask for Approval
- the bill asks the SoS to set rules. Then it is an option.
• RTD redefines track maintenance
- taking a tip from Boulder County
• Is your legislator a distracted driver?
- distracted driving means more is getting done.
Give 'em an attaboy.
• Boulder County buys water with Open Space Taxes
- open space for sale, without water
• Treat marijuana like alcohol.
- prison time for driving stoned.
• Approval Voting for Primaries
There's a wide variety of food, though the Chinese theme is evident. Dinner and a drink with tip will be $12.
Be responsible for paying your own way. Though a social event, we can't make others pay for our meal (not socialism).