addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcredit-cardcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Colorado Libertarians Message Board › Study: FDA should aggressively regulate tobacco

Study: FDA should aggressively regulate tobacco

Jim F.
user 3520348
Denver, CO
Post #: 20
USA Today reports that a government scientific advisory panel
is recommending that tobacco be regulated:

http://www.usatoday.c...­

Jim
A former member
Post #: 42
New warning label I have proposed for tobacco products:

CAUTION:Government may be hazardous to your health. It can cause loss of life and property, severely inhibit personal choice, reduce or destroy your civil liberties, and result in excessive and undue taxation that is harmful to you and others around you.
Secondhand taxes are very dangerous. They have been shown to increase the risk of bankruptcy and reduce quality of life in U.S. citizens.
Government regulation on tobacco products can be a "gateway", leading to harder regulation on other products and behavior.
For more information on how to quit big government, please visit www.lp.org.
A former member
Post #: 21
I would love to see this warning label on packs & cartons of cigs.

RJReynolds Tobacco Company
Winston-Salem, NC 27102
1-877-265-1913
A former member
Post #: 43
I would love to see this warning label on packs & cartons of cigs.

RJReynolds Tobacco Company
Winston-Salem, NC 27102
1-877-265-1913
HA! Great minds think alike! I tried to get through to this exact site yesterday and here is the story:I found the page where you are allowed to e-mail the company but my Internet provider will not ALLOW me to access it! Every time I attempt, a page pops up that says "bad gateway" and reroutes me back to the home page. I am not permitted to get through! When I changed computers and tried a different provider, the site came up as "unavailable." The whole thing looks fishy, like we are being deliberately blocked.
My gut feeling is this is a very good omen and this particular idea needs to be followed through on. If it IS being blocked from somewhere, I must be hitting on something good!
A former member
Post #: 44
Just an update:the "contact us" page on the site has now been removed and replaced with more of a "site map" style of page that does not include a form for e-mail.
A former member
Post #: 5
That's a great warning label, Julie! It certainly should not be limited to tobacco products.
A former member
Post #: 50
I have experimented with posting this label on other message boards and it has gotten a pretty big reaction from people.
Smokers and those with Libertarian leanings have loved it and asked a lot of questions about it. Others have either not gotten it or responded negatively to it. Either way, it has hit a lot of nerves.
The response that has really shocked and stumped me is the one where other posters have become angry and defensive. Sample post: "How dare you suggest that smoking is healthy! I have asthma! Smoking bans allow me to go in public! You are endorsing the rights of smokers over everyone else......" etc.
(Meanwhile, the label I wrote never mentions smoking bans. And it certainly doesn't suggest that smoking is good for you. But what kind of country would we live in if everyone agreed on everything?)
Does anyone have suggestions on how to get it out there where it can get more people talking about it?