2014 Libertarian Party of Nevada State Convention & 1st 2014 Clark County Sheriff Debate
The Libertarian Party of Nevada is holding its 2014 State Convention and hosting the 1st Clark County Sheriff's Debate Saturday, February 8, 2014 at El Cortez Hotel and Casino in Las Vegas, Nevada. We encourage all Libertarians to attend and participate at the Convention. To be credentialed as a Delegate, you must be a Member of the Libertarian Party of Nevada.
There is no cost to attend the Convention. Pre-ordered lunches are available for $12.50. Lunches include bottled water, sandwich (Turkey, Roast Beef or Veggie) with a bag of chips and either a cookie or brownie. If you plan on getting a lunch please RSVP with Vice Chair Jason Smith at [masked] by January 31, 2014.
Purpose of the State Convention:
• Selecting Candidates for 2014 Elections: Thinking about running for office? If you want to run for office you must be nominated and selected by our Delegates at this Convention. This will be the last chance to run for office as the Libertarian Party of Nevada must turn all Candidates selected at our Convention in to the Secretary of State in early March 2014. For more information please fill out the Run For Office (http://lpnevada.org/get-involved/office) form and someone will get right back to you. Additionally, you could contact Vice Chair Jason Smith at [masked] .
• Delegates for the National Convention: The Libertarian Party of Nevada will select its Delegates to represent Nevada at the 2014 National Convention. The National Convention is being hosted by the Libertarian Party of Ohio and will be in Columbus June 26, 2014 – June 29, 2014. We encourage everyone to participate as a Delegate and go to the National Convention. This is a great opportunity to meet other hard working Libertarians from around the Country and yell at National leadership for not doing their job!
• Bylaws: All Bylaws submitted will be reviewed and voted on at the Convention.
• Identifying Leadership: The Libertarian Party of Nevada will discuss the new divisional structure and all new leadership positions available, please visit www.LPNevada.org/help (http://www.lpnevada.org/help) to learn more.
First 2014 Clark County Sheriff Debate
In addition to the business of the Libertarian Convention, the Libertarian Party of Nevada is hosting the First Clark County Sheriff Candidate Debate. As this will likely be one of the most contested races in the 2014 Elections, the Libertarian Party would like to have the opportunity to select a Constitutional Sheriff to represent Clark County and dramatically change the culture of the Las Vegas Metro Police Department.
The Debate will have a special guest moderator and this will be open to the public and Media; however seating is limited, those at the convention will get priority seating, the rest will be first come, first served.
The Liberty Movement in Nevada is coming together to ask the tough questions to all Candidates. Members of the Libertarian Party will have a chance to submit questions prior to the debate.
• Date: Saturday, February 8, 2014
• Time: 9:00am - 5:00pm
El Cortez Hotel and Casino
600 E. Fremont Street
Las Vegas, NV 89101
Please visit http://www.LPNevada.org for more information.