addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcredit-cardcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo
David S.
stereoview
Washington, ME
Post #: 9
Thanks David for the great info. ALOT more mushrooms are in my future. We used to live in Olympia (Stamets country) and could practically eat mushrooms all day from the woods outside our house.

Regarding biodynamics, here is some additional background for us novices from attra (good site for lots of stuff). http://attra.ncat.org...­

Really want to organize a mushroom walk this year...what's a good place? time of year?

Lisa,

There is good mushrooming from July through November on most years. As far as doing a walk goes, If we were focusing on just edibles and look a likes I might consider it but I really don't want to get into a thing of trying to identify any mushroom someone might choose to pick up. I'll give it some thought. I have a friend who is a mycologist who does that kind of thing.

There is a reason you don't pick little brown mushrooms......... etc.

David
A former member
Post #: 9
Dear David,

Even though this is an area in which I'm quite ignorant, I found your links to mushrooms "fascinating: as someone else (Laurie?)said!

I'd be especially interested in "composting organic matter via mushroom cultivation" as the diagram in your first link indicated.

Elaine
A former member
Post #: 17
David, thanks so much for the great mushroom site! I read it from start to finish and will check back from time to time.
David S.
stereoview
Washington, ME
Post #: 10
Mary,

Thanks for looking. It really is still in rough draft phase. I have been tinkering with it right along. I'm trying to ferret out the clunky wording, typos, and other minor details. I changed a lot of my formatting yesterday. There will be a lot more content added during the coming year. There will be just a few more sections but a lot more added to existing sections. There will be many more photos and probably a few 3d formatted pictures and some video. More about photographing mushrooms too.

I certainly appreciate that you read it all the way through and even more that you told me about it. I solicit you comments, criticisms and suggestions.

Eventually this will be followed by, and entwined with, a site about my forest adventures in natural mushroom cultivation, tree planting and transplantation, bushes, various plants, lunatic fringe experimentation etc. I'm really pretty out of control.

I do spend most weekends in Boothbay Harbor. Maybe we should get together for a mushroom hunt someday.

David
David S.
stereoview
Washington, ME
Post #: 11
Elaine,

As far as cultivation goes, there are a couple of books to get that would tell you all you need to know. They are both by Paul Stamets of fungi.com. Amazon is your best deal. If you clicked through from my website, I might make a few cents.

They are: Growing Gourmet and Medicinal Mushrooms by Paul Stamets (Paperback - Dec 2000)

Mycelium Running: How Mushrooms Can Help Save the World by Paul Stamets (Paperback - Oct 15, 2005)

Mycelium Running is possibly the most amazing book I have ever read on any subject. I think for permaculturists this should be a must read. It would change the way you think about everything. Really.

Don't want to squish up any paradigms.....

Oh wait, yes I do.

David
Elaine
user 3022592
Portland, ME
Post #: 32
David, I want to order Mycelium Running from you but couldn't find your web address.
Thanks a lot,
Elaine
David S.
stereoview
Washington, ME
Post #: 12
Elaine,

This is it.

http://stereoviews.co...­

David