addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

The Resilience Hub & Portland Maine Permaculture Message Board › Interested in a Portland Maine Permaculture Design Certificate Course?

Interested in a Portland Maine Permaculture Design Certificate Course?

A former member
Post #: 1
I'm also interested... though it does depend on tuition fees, and dates. But mostly tuition!

~megan
Lisa F.
lisa.f.organizer
Group Organizer
Portland, ME
Post #: 170
These are the weekends that we're planning to do the 2008 course - other details still being worked out but wanted to let people know as far in advance as possible. Price, syllabus, venue(s), and registration form are forthcoming in a few weeks.

May 16/17/18 ? Jun 6/7/8 ? Jun 27/28/29 ? Jul 18/19/20
Note that these will be 3 full days per weekend [9am to 5pm + optional night activities] in order to fit in all the material!

Getting alot of interest...will probably need to do a deposit to hold your spot in the course, but I will email everyone individually who has posted to this thread as soon as it's time so you can have first crack.
Nancy
user 4011934
Portland, ME
Post #: 3
Hi Lisa,

I know I've been out of sight recently, (sadly, taking a class on Tuesday evenings), but still very interested in all things permaculture, inluding this course. AND, there is a science teacher at my school, Lincoln Middle School, home of the self-sustaining dome/greenhouse, who has asked a couple of times about the course. We are in the process now of finalizing plans for the grounds around the dome. It will include raised beds, native food shrubs, compost bins to compost to use the waste from the cafeteria, a cistern to capture run-off from the dome to use in the planting beds both inside and out, etc!

Dates look good. The tuition could be a factor for me as well.

Thanks Lisa,
Nance
Tree
user 4058763
Hollis Center, ME
Post #: 22
I'm interested in the course....but it does depend on tuition, plus I hope to have my certificate by then. I'm hoping there might be a teaching assistance slot....?

Is there any chance for work-exchange? I'm a landscaper, so very good with all things related to plants, but don't have a lot of cash as I'm investing in my site. I should have my permaculture certificate by then; via online study, but would like to be involved in some hands-on work.

Thanks,
Tree
A former member
Post #: 1
Hi Lisa,

I am interested, and my friend Dan Sheehan...and possibly Pat.

Alastair
Lisa F.
lisa.f.organizer
Group Organizer
Portland, ME
Post #: 191
Thanks Alastair. I have posted the details in a new message thread and pinned to the top of the boards:

http://permaculture.m...­