The Resilience Hub - home of Portland Maine Permaculture - invites you to a "space-warming" May Day Open House & Launch Celebration at our new location on Anderson Street in Portland!
We will share food and drink, have activities for the little folks (seed balls, worm bins, mini maypole, etc.), learn about the exciting developments in our new neighborhood and - potentially - around our own building. This is an Open House format so please stop by when you can.
Sometime around 7:00 pm we have special guests Formidable Vegetable Sound System fresh in from Australia for an acoustic sample and to show us what happens when you put permaculture and music in the same room:) Check them out here!
The Resilience Hub at 224 Anderson Street
After nearly eight years of existing only "virtually" with our online presence and our nomadic ways, we are already feeling the energy of having a physical location and becoming more of the actual "hub" we always hoped we could be in support of the growing resilience-building work in our region. This space will be - among other things...
- a project incubator & support site to turn resilience-building ideas into actions
- a skill-sharing hub
- a permaculture service center with design stations for apprentice designers and members of the emerging designers' guild
- a light fabrication space for building DIY goods like hot air collectors and rocket stoves as well as building worm bins and kitting up seedball supplies - all while we teach each other how to do these kinds of things!
- a research base for testing out urban permaculture techniques and supporting other permaculture research needs
- a source for permaculture books and tools and camaraderie
- Plus...the many stacked functions yet to emerge!
This is a family-friendly event! Supervised kids are encouraged to join their grown-ups to celebrate together!
What to bring? Feel free to bring some spring branches and blooms to decorate the office, seeds to mix into the seedballs that little kids (of all ages!) will be making. We have some food coming but if you have something special you'd like to share, please bring it along for the food table(s). If you or your kids want to make seedballs, wear clothes that can get a little muddy:)