addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcredit-cardcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

The Resilience Hub & Portland Maine Permaculture Message Board › Use This Group to Start Resilience Circles

Use This Group to Start Resilience Circles

Lisa F.
lisa.f.organizer
Group Organizer
Portland, ME
Post #: 2,205
Hi Everyone -

One of the things that people are looking for is a way to connect more locally to people who are interested in many of the things we talk about at our events and on this message board. It seems to me that "Resilience Circles" are one nice way of doing that. Bringing the re-skilling and re-localization ethos into that makes it all the better.

If anyone is interested in making this happen where they live (neighborhood level? town level?), let me know and we can certainly use this meetup platform, along with the Resilience Hub, as a way to support that!

Starting in September we will be posting meetups for folks in specific towns to try to meet up with one another, also.

http://localcircles.o...­

Wendy
user 9298467
Old Orchard Beach, ME
Post #: 69
Yes! Exactly what OOB needs to off-set the very business-centric leadership that always seems to get elected to the Council ;). I'd love to start something here, at the neighborhood level, and eventually, expanding out to the rest of the town.
Shannon R.
ShannonRooney
Bar Mills, ME
Post #: 47
Lisa, I am very interested in this. If I am going to settle in Buxton (and it looks as though I am) I want to be part of an effort to build resilience and build on connections in the town - really get to know it on a deeper level. I have ties in the town already, and I'm looking for a way to organize more locally - this seems like a useful forum/format for moving from ideas into action. :)
Merry H.
Merrymaker
Portland, ME
Post #: 328
Thanks Lisa, We have downloaded the info to get one started and invited the contact person to do an ENVISION THIS radio show with us. You are always a font of valuable information.
Amy G.
user 44116742
Limerick, ME
Post #: 4
We are interested in doing this out in the Ossippee towns way. we are starting a group currently, but need some more direction and help in doing so.
thanks=amy g. and jim stevenson