addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

The Resilience Hub & Portland Maine Permaculture Message Board › Permaculture House-Share, Potential for Long Term Arrangement, Between Bango

Permaculture House-Share, Potential for Long Term Arrangement, Between Bangor and Ellsworth

Lisa F.
lisa.f.organizer
Group Organizer
Portland, ME
Post #: 2,216
A permaculture friend sent me the following info. If you know anyone interested, please have them contact me directly and I'll make a personal introduction.
------------
We are exploring the idea of sharing (as opposed to renting) our home on the lake over the academic year--and maybe longer.

We are looking for a young couple just starting off, who would like to work/trade for their lodging. Carpentry and Permaculture skills required. They would be responsible for agreed upon work trade (or equivalent rent).

Utilities NOT included: about $1500-2000 for oil for the season (heat. hot water), plus internet? could be less if frugal

Work projects include:

1) Thorough cleaning-windows, walls, floors etc
2) Painting
3) Washing all carpets
4) minor home repair--some dry wall, gutters, bath room etc.
5) some outdoor permaculture landscaping--mostly soil prep and mulching

Eventually, we may be able to turn the site into a permaculture/healing bed & breakfast, so we could all earn enough to keep the property going. We may need to be creative. Waitress work just up the hill at Inn--short hrs, good tips, we know owners. Possibly some teaching-substitution at local school.

Let me know if you have any suggestions.