addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1linklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

The Resilience Hub & Portland Maine Permaculture Message Board › Looking for a barn builder(s)

Looking for a barn builder(s)

Beth
BethRich
Cape Elizabeth, ME
Post #: 41
Does anyone have any suggestions on a on tractor who Could build a small barn for a reasonable price? Let me know and thanks
Beth
A former member
Post #: 5
Hi Beth,

What Kind of barn and how big is small? We have a line on an old standing barn with beautiful hand hewn posts and beams (gunstock 8x8 posts over 16' tall). The standing barn is 40'x about 80'. This is probably bigger then you are looking for (unless your definition of small is way different then mine) but if we can find one or two others who are also looking for similar structures (home or barn) then the frame can be altered to accommodate different needs and share the cost of disassembly while the individuals pay for the alterations for reassembly to their own purposes.

Ben Below
BFBHomes.com
A former member
Post #: 6
Hi Beth again,

We also have a 24'x 30' 1840's-60's high posted cape that would make a very sweet barn frame and might better fit the "small" definition and be more economical to build. We can also provide all the rough sawn board stock for sheathing/board and batten. We can provide all the construction services start to finish.

Ben Below
Cat S.
user 29296252
Freeport, ME
Post #: 4
Hi Beth,
I am sharing my husband's contact info here (Jim Gray of Pleasant Hill Builders 207-522-7926). He's been building houses, build barns and other outbuildings as well as remodeling projects for 20 years -- between Blue Hill and the Freeport/Portland area He's very good at what he does, fair and nice to work with as well. If you'd like some images of a barn he built a couple of years ago, let us know and we'll send them along. Good luck on your project. Cat
Lisa F.
lisa.f.organizer
Group Organizer
Portland, ME
Post #: 2,218
Beth, you can also check in with Penny Jordan as they just had a ton of barn work done. Different scale but maybe a useful referral?