addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo
A former member
Post #: 5
Does anyone have a good southern Maine source for baled straw? Secondarily do you know a place for hay? The local farm I've bought hay from lost their home to fire last fall. So I don't expect to have easy access to what I need. Given that I don't like weeding, straw for mulch is going to be very important!

Thanks!

Amy
Lisa F.
lisa.f.organizer
Group Organizer
Portland, ME
Post #: 97
Hi Amy - We get great straw (not very weedy at all) from Jordan's Farm in Cape Elizabeth. Give them a call at 207-807-1761 and see what they have in stock. I think Carol will probalby answer the phone...she's very helpful.
A former member
Post #: 6
Thanks! I'll give her a try some time this week. What a releif, I was finding sources in Canada!!
Lisa F.
lisa.f.organizer
Group Organizer
Portland, ME
Post #: 99
Great Amy. I also think some folks in the group have gotten straw from the Paris Farmers' Union but I think some of it was a bit weedy...not sure.
Elaine
user 3022592
Portland, ME
Post #: 30
Yes, Lisa, it WAS weedy, -- very! So I noted the phone number you gave Amy and will use it myself next time we need straw.

Since this software gets Francis and me mixed up, I'm going to try another tack to make it know it's me, not him, responding!

Elaine
(Wow, I think it's working!)