addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1linklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

The Resilience Hub & Portland Maine Permaculture Message Board › Permaculture project space opportunity

Permaculture project space opportunity

David H.
PostCarbonDesign
Oxford, ME
Post #: 195
I have thought of this concept alot lately, the idea of sharing some of my parcel to group members to use for projects, gardens, and experiments in permaculture. I really have my hands full with current design projects and would like to see work done on the eastern slope of my parcel. The area is roughly 100'x60', but can be even greater. It is surrounded by wildflowers, and the staghorn sumac and blackrasberries as an edge into a stand of maples. The ground has been naturally sheetmulching itself for hundreds of years, my home is part of the original fort and settlement area in Gorham, and I have had good results here. The area is full sun and offers various permaculture projects opportunites.
I know some of the urban dwellers (Portland) may not have access to land, or enough to satisfy the projects they have been plotting in there heads. This is a chance for all involved to gain community and knowledge. My long term goals have been to have my site be a learning area for local children and permaculture novices.
So please think about this opportunity. Please feel free to stop by before the June Meetup and discuss any ideas that you may have.
-Dave
Here is the link to some of last years photos:
http://www.flickr.com...­