addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

The Resilience Hub & Portland Maine Permaculture Message Board › Plants and Resources for Trade/Free

Plants and Resources for Trade/Free

David H.
PostCarbonDesign
Oxford, ME
Post #: 214
I have a variety of containers for the "plant share", that all can use.
David H.
PostCarbonDesign
Oxford, ME
Post #: 215
Mary, thanks for sharing your plants with us!
Tree
user 4058763
Hollis Center, ME
Post #: 17
Thanks so much, Mary, for the plants, and to Winnie for bringing them down.

They're awesome!
Elaine
user 3022592
Portland, ME
Post #: 48
Dear Mary,

I thanked you under the "Lemon Balm" title, and I'm sorry I couldn't remember the names of every single plant I took. Got my hands full trying to find help to extend our big (woodchuch proof) fence to include the pond and cold frame next to which will be the hoop house we'll be putting together on July 14, our work party day. Digging trenches to place the green metal posts for the green vinyl covered wire is hard work and our neighbor whom we've hired to help us needs more help himself!

But it's all great fun! And we're grateful for your plants!

Elaine
Elaine
user 3022592
Portland, ME
Post #: 265
Dear Friends,

Francis and I are cleaning out our garden shed (once a chicken coop).

We have a 3.5 horse power leaf shredder for trade (or make a donation offer if you wish) which we bought for over $100. or even $200. many years ago.

It was used only about 2 - 3 times.

Winnie -- are you still interested in storing it at your house for the community to use?

If not, would someone else be willing to store it for community use?

We just can't keep it anymore: need the space.

We're preparing for the tearing down of our collapsing garage which will be rebuilt soon.

;o) Elaine
Merry H.
Merrymaker
Portland, ME
Post #: 18
I'm located in Auburn and we have more Asparagus coming up than my household can eat. So I'd be happy to let someone run about and either snip some or dig up a root cluster in exchange for any leftover landscaping stones, rock wall rocks or fencing materials you might have laying about. We're also growing buckwheat as a cover crop this season, so if anyone has specific need for it we might work that in, too.

Great idea for a thread!

Amy

Amy, I would love some of your asparagus root clusters. I live in Sabattus and would welcome you to come get rocks from our property. If you can load them into our pickup truck bed, I could drive them to Auburn and pick up the asparagus in return.

Blessings, Merry
Elaine
user 3022592
Portland, ME
Post #: 266
Merry, how wide an expanse of fencing are you looking for? I salvaged some that a neighbor left on the curb last year. It's green vinyl tall enough but not terribly wide. I can get the measurements for you tomorrow if you'd like.
Merry H.
Merrymaker
Portland, ME
Post #: 20
Hi and thanks, Elaine. It was Amy, whom I was quoting, that asked for fencing. Actually, serendipitously, I DO need some too. Please do send the dimensions.

Blessings, Merry
Elaine
user 3022592
Portland, ME
Post #: 269
Okay Merry, I'll measure it tomorrow.
Lisa F.
lisa.f.organizer
Group Organizer
Portland, ME
Post #: 603
I wasn't able to make it to the plant swap last weekend, but if anyone wants Solomon Seal roots you're welcome to come over and dig some. Get in touch with me to schedule a time/get directions, etc.