addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

The Resilience Hub & Portland Maine Permaculture Message Board › Perennial Veggies Share/Teach/Learn

Perennial Veggies Share/Teach/Learn

Loren B
user 65582502
West Rockport, ME
Post #: 4
Perennial Veggies Discussion at the MOFGA swap this Sunday felt like we just got started. Anyone interested in a gathering to deepen knowledge and swap? We could host in Rockland. Loren
Arlene
user 12831116
Union, ME
Post #: 5
Loren,

I also attended that session as well as the related movie last night and would enjoy participating in a group on this topic. I am moving to Appleton in a few weeks, so Rockland would be a convenient location.

Arlene
Loren B
user 65582502
West Rockport, ME
Post #: 6
Great, I would like to set a time in May. Anyone else?
Tom E.
user 84418412
Liberty, ME
Post #: 1
I would be interested in continuing the perennial vegetable discussion, a lot of new information to learn. May is a possibility for me and Rockland sounds good too
Lisa K.
user 43348532
Freeport, ME
Post #: 3
I'm also interested in this discussion, and would welcome a learning session closer to the Portland area as well
gina
user 4248834
Portland, ME
I would love to be there. Will travel if I need to but perhaps we should consider a break off group in Portland?
Courtney
Wickedlostcause
Brooks, ME
Post #: 8
I'd be super down for a portland area group as well!
Kind of counter-intuitive, but also discussing growing perennials in pots/temporary locations for the current apartment dweller/someday homesteader is of interest, anyone else in that boat?
Amy R.
user 45476542
Portland, ME
Count me in for a Portland meeting too!
Loren B
user 65582502
West Rockport, ME
Post #: 7
I would love to see a big surge of interest in perennial veggie culture. Anyone doing a nursery startup? Anyone have an abundance of rootstock to share? I will definitely go to Portland if a group forms there .
Lisa F.
lisa.f.organizer
Group Organizer
Portland, ME
Post #: 2,294
I know of about a 5-6 people actively experimenting with the plants we talked about at the MOFGA session but I'm sure there are more out there! We've done a few sessions down here as well as a field trip to Holyoke in the past. I am logistically more able to book a session in Portland but totally support the idea of a group getting together in Midcoast and can post it on the meetup if/when that happens. Suggestion...if it doesn't work out to get an active "user" of perennial vegetables to Rockland in a timely fashion, do a screening of Eric's Perennial Vegetables dvd followed by some discussion and perhaps some plant experimentation assignments. This is a really exciting edge for me because it gets us moving more along that spectrum that lies between highly managed hort/agri-culture and foraging/primitive skills (well, completely different notion of "management" anyway!).