addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

The Resilience Hub & Portland Maine Permaculture Message Board › Muscovy Ducklings Available Soon

Muscovy Ducklings Available Soon

Cheryl
user 5866147
Buxton, ME
Post #: 8
We're proud new collaborators with a gorgeous breeding trio of Muscovies (purchased from Dave Whitten & Lisa Fernandes). Both the girls are currently sitting clutches and we expect ducklings on the scene mid-June to a week or so later. These will be fantastic Muscovies as they come from the excellent breeding program of Dave Whitten.

A prime motivator for us in getting Muscovies was slug control for our garden. Last year we fought armageddon in our garden and right now, having had these 3 ducks since mid-April and much of the time with one or both girls on the nest, we cannot find a slug in our garden--even by searching around under all the straw!

These are stalwart, unobtrusive birds. They waddle about their business, which tends to be of value to humans, without bringing along much trouble. We join Dave & Lisa in highly recommending partnering with Muscovies!

In this first year of having Muscovies we are uncertain whether we will be in a position to harvest grown ducklings for meat, which we plan to do in the future. Therefore we are very interested in selling both ducklings and in the fall, grown ducks.

If you're interested in starting with or expanding Muscovies, get in touch with us. We're flexible on timing and happy to help you think things through including showing our set-up. We'll say so if your questions exceed our knowledge (we're newbie apprentices compared to Dave!). The ducklings will be $5 each with the price of more grown ducks negotiable.
Susan Hopper T.
user 14357734
Portland, ME
Post #: 5
I would love to have some Muscovies! I currently have 4 Rouens and 7 Pekins.
Rachel L.
Rachellyn
Gray, ME
Post #: 28
I would like three ducklings!
Susan Hopper T.
user 14357734
Portland, ME
Post #: 6
Are these ducklings still available?
Cheryl
user 5866147
Buxton, ME
Post #: 9
Yes! I sent emails on 6/18 to all who expressed interest--not sure they've been received. Please contact me via email.

Thanks,
Cheryl