addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcredit-cardcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

The Resilience Hub & Portland Maine Permaculture Message Board › MAINE SOLAR TOUR - Saturday OCT 6, 2007

MAINE SOLAR TOUR - Saturday OCT 6, 2007

Tom
user 2939592
Gorham, ME
Post #: 4
The National Solar Tour is taking place on Saturday October 6th, 2007 from 9 AM to 5 PM

What is this?

The Solar Tour is a national open house of Green and Solar homes owned by people like you and me.

On this ONE DAY OF THE YEAR these folks have graciously opened their doors AT NO COST to anyone that would like to see how solar technologies and green ideas have been used in someone's home.

You can learn how various solar energy products and green ideas are working for these homeowners.

You can ask questions and receive answers from people that have made these changes (and don't have anything to sell to you).

You will be inspired by these folks that are trying to live more sustainably and are willing to share their experience.

This link will take you to the list of homes that are open for the Maine Solar Tour:

http://ellsworthme.or...­

Lee and I have gone for the last two years and look forward to this event every year (always scheduled on the first Saturday of October).
A former member
Post #: 61
Thanks a lot Tom. I emailed some people I know and hope we can get a group together. Also just finished hearing the leader of our nation tell us that we need to stay in Iraq...for...ever. Just think what we could do if we'd put our resources into solar instead of oil, er I mean spreading democracy around the world.