addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

The Resilience Hub & Portland Maine Permaculture Message Board › seeking a new home in the Orono-Belfast area

seeking a new home in the Orono-Belfast area

Aurora Walks G.
aurorawg
Afton, VA
Post #: 3
I know this site is accessed by those of us way beyond portland, so I thought it's worth a shot. Please pass on to anyone you feel might be interested. Thanks!

Permaculture/Peace Studies Grad student seeks rural feeling home (Orono-Belfast)

Permaculture & Peace Studies student with rural living experience -- woodstove, animals, composting, recycling, food co-op, maintenance, etc.-- seeks a house share, rental, or lease with option/owner finance, located within 1 hour of Orono and Belfast. I graduate in May and hope to be teaching by then.

Alyssa, my outdoor/indoor cat companion, would like a cat door, but can live without it. She's fine with other animals...a conflict avoider who just takes herself elsewhere if she's not in the mood to play/be sociable.

About me:

40+ single woman
no alcohol/drugs/cigarettes
ceremonial pipe carrier (tobacco and herbs) and sweat lodge facilitator - trained in Bear Tribe (Sun Bear) tradition
trained in a variety of natural healing modalities (Reiki, aromatherapy, Brain Gym, Touch for Health)
committed to clear, gentle communication
early to bed, early to rise (often wake by 4 am)
eat mostly organic, as does Alyssa (I make her food), we're both meat eaters
Somewhat chemically sensitive - chemical/artificial smells do me in
committed to low impact living
I have tools (hand and power) and know how to use them
I have a 5x8 utility trailer, also a chicken coop/shed which I can take apart/store elsewhere if needed
I need regular access to a bathtub and would love natural water nearby.
a work in progress, as we all are....

My preference would be to have rent+utilities be under $400. I love to live in community where we're all committed to communicating and healing whatever emotional "stuff" we still have. I enjoy working/cooking together and need a good dose of alone/quiet time as well. I can also just be a courteous, responsible housemate or tenant.

Part of my Permaculture Design Course training is developing a design within the next two years. It would be wonderful if I could do so where I live...after I complete grad school!

Blessings and thanks,

Aurora
2o7-844-4l34