addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1linklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

The Resilience Hub & Portland Maine Permaculture Message Board › Wild Rice in Maine ?

Wild Rice in Maine ?

Larry
guildl
Sudbury, MA
Post #: 91
It seems there is some wild rice in Maine, but I am not sure how common it really is or where can you find it ?

I guess there are some people who harvest wild rice in Maine, and I guess they can get quite a bit .. I saw some wild rice last year at a wild life refuge here in Mass and I think they planted it to feed waterfowl and you would not be allowed to get any of it probably, other than that I have not been aware of it being that common or easy to find .. I imagine maybe it's kind of a secret or some such ..
Aaron P.
user 6845673
Falmouth, ME
Post #: 188
It is around, I haven't seen any large stands in Cumberland County, but in androscoggin and waldo i have seen (and harvested) it in large amounts. Wild rice is pretty easy to harvest, but the parching and threshing takes a bit more skill and time.