addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

The Resilience Hub & Portland Maine Permaculture Message Board › Man fights for his frontyard permaculture food garden, will go to Supreme Co

Man fights for his frontyard permaculture food garden, will go to Supreme Court if necessary

Cheryl
user 5866147
Buxton, ME
Post #: 10
Check this out!
http://sustainablog.o...­
Greg M.
user 3541854
Acton, ME
Post #: 643
Thanks for the update Cheryl. I hope to keep seeing how this case unfolds.
David S.
stereoview
Washington, ME
Post #: 992
Hmmm..... His yard is kind of ugly but his neighbors are worse. He should have made a better looking project. He lives in the wrong neighborhood. When I lived in suburbia I used to tell my neighbors I was going to plow up my front lawn and plant corn. They weren't sure if I was kidding. I already had the biggest garden in the neighborhood and was giving free food on my front lawn. On some levels I wasn't. I sold my house and moved to where I can do what I want. My front yard is VERY busy. So is my woods and many other areas. My yard looks a lot better than that. I couldn't look out my front window and be happy with what he has. That said, he should be allowed to do it.

David Spahr
David S.
stereoview
Washington, ME
Post #: 993
One thing is obvious. Poor use of vertical space. Had he put a fence around his lawn and used it for trellis he would have done better with both productivity and aesthetics.

David Spahr
Penelope
user 5846522
Portland, ME
Post #: 334
One thing is obvious. Poor use of vertical space. Had he put a fence around his lawn and used it for trellis he would have done better with both productivity and aesthetics. : D!!!

David Spahr