addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1linklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo
Ellen D. L.
user 30898572
Portland, ME
Post #: 4
My husband and I are beginning to investigate adopting, yet are overwhelmed about where to begin. Is there anyone out there who has done it, especially when in their 40's? We'd like to adopt domestically, newborn to 12 months, give or take. Any advice is appreciated! Thanks!
Lisa F.
lisa.f.organizer
Group Organizer
Portland, ME
Post #: 2,377
Hi Ellen, I have some friends that I can connect you to. Email me at lisa@resiliencehub.org and I can make an introduction. I think they would be happy to chat about their experience.
Andrea G.
user 11835993
Portland, ME
Post #: 1
Ellen,
It was such a surprise to see your message because I'm in the exact same spot. My partner and I just started taking some steps.
Let's connect!
Michele P.
user 69844022
Portland, ME
Post #: 4
Hi there, we aren't adopters, but did go through the DHHS foster care training and everything (which I believe you have to do to be an adoptive parent in Maine). I'm happy to talk with you about it.

Michele