addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1linklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

The Resilience Hub & Portland Maine Permaculture Message Board › Plants to Share or Plants in Need

Plants to Share or Plants in Need

Lisa F.
lisa.f.organizer
Group Organizer
Portland, ME
Post #: 356
Heather, American Holly (a native ilex) is also a great privacy barrier year round as well as providing habitat and forage for birds.
zengeos
zengeos
Gorham, ME
Post #: 147
Bocking 14 Comfrey root needs.

The two places I found online that carry this product are both relatively expensive.

Shipping runs near $20 as a minimum charge.

That's the bad news.

The GOOD news is once a few plants are in, the plant is readily divisile, probably the very next year.

Elaine proposed that a couple people split an order to help defray the high shipping charge. I am looking to get 6-10 roots myself, anyone else want any?

6 roots comes to $10, plus the $20 shipping. I'd like to see if we can come up with enough people wanting comfrey roots so as to get it for the $30 + $20 price.

Mark-
Elaine
user 3022592
Portland, ME
Post #: 140
Zengeos,

Here's the reply I received from Horizon Herbs in response to my complaint about the high cost of shipping that didn't seem to discriminate according to weight:

Elaine,

Thanks for your note. When you carefully read the COMFREY information on our website, the exact shipping costs are given first thing. The cost of 6 roots is $10.00 and $12.50 for shipping making the total $22.50. We apologise that the shopping cart figures the shipping incorrectly, but since it doesn't automatically charge your card, that gives us the opportunity to charge the correct shipping. THe reason the website figures the shipping incorrectly is due to the small number of shipping options available to us on the grid, and the large number of types, sizes and weights of things we send to people. You can call in your order to (541) 846-6704 if you like!

Richo

Horizon Herbs Customer Service
PO Box 69
Williams, OR 97544 USA
(541) 846-6704

So, though I posted under the Fruit Tree thread that I'm ready to share half an order of 6 root balls for a total of $22.50 (or $11.25 for two people) I'm willing to be one of a group to get more plants. I'm willing to get only 1, 2 or 3 ball roots of bocking 14Comfrey instead of 3 for $11.25.

Since you'd like to order more than 6 plants, I'll let you place this group order, ok Zengeos? instead of my making it for two peopl.

Elaine
zengeos
zengeos
Gorham, ME
Post #: 155
Elaine, it looks like just you and I are interested in getting comfrey.

I wanted more, but I suspect just 3 sections should be divisible next year into 3 or 4 each.

Mark-
Lisa F.
lisa.f.organizer
Group Organizer
Portland, ME
Post #: 371
Oops, I missed this thread. Elaine - I'll go in on some comfrey...whatever amount rounds out an order after you and zengeos get what you want.
zengeos
zengeos
Gorham, ME
Post #: 157
Well, in that case, perhaps we should order a 20 root bag for $30 plus shipping?

Mark-
Aaron P.
user 6845673
Falmouth, ME
Post #: 30
I would in on a order as well.
zengeos
zengeos
Gorham, ME
Post #: 158
OK, we have Elaine for 3 roots?

Lisa for ?? roots

Me for 6-9 roots

Aaron for ?? roots

Anyone else? I can place the order tomorow or Tuesday, probably

Mark-
Aaron P.
user 6845673
Falmouth, ME
Post #: 31
i'd like 3-4 ... so it seems like a bag of 20 should do quite nicely.
zengeos
zengeos
Gorham, ME
Post #: 159
So, I'll order the comfrey, pot it up into individual pots when it comes in and bring it to the meetup next due following arrival of the comfrey. I can 1/2 plant the pots to make it easy to maintain, also, so it won't be a problem to care for until I can get it to everyone.

I don't know their delivery schedule., but I should think the herb spiral work party would do for those attending, or the meetup in June?