addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

The Resilience Hub & Portland Maine Permaculture Message Board › Advanced Permaculture Design Course in Maine

Advanced Permaculture Design Course in Maine

Lisa F.
lisa.f.organizer
Group Organizer
Portland, ME
Post #: 308
This is a *very* prelimary heads-up that we will be putting on an Advanced Permaculture Design Course this fall. It will be three consecutive long weekends starting on September 26, 2008 (9 total instruction days) and then individual design work will be required as well.

This course will be open to anyone who has a) a permaculture design certificate or b) can illustrate substantial experience on permaculture projects (yes, that's vague...we can talk about this if it's you).

I know of at least two people who already want to do this and we only have a max of 12 spots available so starting thinking about whether this fits with your plans and goals.

There are two possible "tracks" for our syllabus: permaculture advanced design skills and permaculture teacher training skills. Depending on interest we will either tailor this to one or the other or break the group up for the special track-specific materials.

** More info will be available in June/July ** but feel free to email me if this piques your interest in any way.
Lisa F.
lisa.f.organizer
Group Organizer
Portland, ME
Post #: 471
OK, we know more about this now. It will be two (2) 3-day weekends this Fall and will be suitable for those who want to design as well as those who want to teach (or those who just want to learn more).

If you are even a little bit interested, you should give some feedback via the surveymonkey page and we'll use that info to complete the planning. We will post the syllabus and registration by July 15th!

http://www.surveymonk...­
Elaine
user 3022592
Portland, ME
Post #: 225
Dear Lisa,

If the two 3 day weekends are on the first two dates now posted on the calendar -- Sept 26 and Oct weekend, -- I can make it. But if the two weekends of the three posted there include October 10, I can't.

October 10 is the weekend of our annual Pax Christi retreat/conference, -- one I can't miss. By the way, our theme this year is on Restorative Justice, -- to be promoted with one of these titles:

1) "The Gospel and the Rush to Punish: Implications for the U.S. at home and abroad"

2)"Punishment, Restoration and the Gospel"

3)"An Eye for an Eye and We'll all be blind - and broke"
Lisa F.
lisa.f.organizer
Group Organizer
Portland, ME
Post #: 474
Elaine - the current dates on our calendar are tentative...we're most likely moving the course to 2 3-day weekends instead of 3 2-day weekends. The post and the survey are to gether the best weekends for the largest number of potential students...nothing is confirmed yet.
Elaine
user 3022592
Portland, ME
Post #: 226
Why of course, Lisa! Just filled it out.
Lisa F.
lisa.f.organizer
Group Organizer
Portland, ME
Post #: 495
OK, it looks like this is confirmed to be two 3-day weekends:

October 3-5
October 17-18

One weekend is likely to be here in the Portland area and one weekend is likely to be held at The Permaculture Center up in Brooks, Maine (about 2h north of here).

We're working on the budget and syllabus and will post registration details asap! It will be suitable for those want to teach, those that want to design, or just those who want to take their learning to a deeper level.

Thanks!
Lisa
Dick H.
user 6105531
Portland, ME
Post #: 7
Lisa,
I'm most definitely interested in deepening my knowledge of permaculture. Made it through, "Permaculture: A Designer's Manual," this past winter. I've got comfrey, garlic, Egyptian onions, and even zucchini and rutabaga growing under new and old apple trees. Jim Kovaleski stopped by for a couple of visits this week and says I'm on the right track. You suggested a workshop here in Lubec next year. Still interested? As I said, we have 300 acres of beaver ponds, forest, and field, all protected by a conservation easement with Quoddy Regional Land Trust.
Keep me posted on the weekend courses!
Dick