addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

The Resilience Hub & Portland Maine Permaculture Message Board › Zone 00 Series - Thinking Ahead

Zone 00 Series - Thinking Ahead

Lisa F.
lisa.f.organizer
Group Organizer
Portland, ME
Post #: 329
Have been toying with the idea of a series of Zone 00 (the self) events starting this fall and going into winter. In the interest of sharing the amazing skills that already exist among our group, please let me know your ideas for this type of series and/or if you have something personally you would like to share. I envision 3 to 5 events in total.

Things like...

Yoga for Permaculturists (if Elaine can offer it again)
A labyrinth Walk / Meditation
Maybe something specific to self-care using herbs/mushrooms
What else????

The understanding here is that some people are focused on the hands-on practical skill-building (which is critical) while some ALSO want to work the "inner landscape" along with the other work. Not everything appeals to everyone, so that's OK. Participate where it works for you.
zengeos
zengeos
Gorham, ME
Post #: 106
Speaking of next winter....I am truly a wintersowing convert, seeing the success I've had winter sowing this year. I'd love to do a hands on meeting on winter sowing. It only really takes about 20 minutes to prep containers, soil and seed and winter sow a few types of seed and it sure is a positive when, while the snow is just melting you look in your containers and see sprouts!

I'll be continuing to keep a thread going on my winter sowing experiences and, perhaps a December or January meetup could encompass winter sowing??
David S.
stereoview
Washington, ME
Post #: 131
I have 18 years of teaching experience in tai chi/chi kung/other.

I might be able to give a short talk on medicinal mushroom teas/tincture/liquor.

I don't know if I mentioned it before but I made hemlock reishi ale recently replacing reishi for boiling hops to get the bitterness aspect. I'm experimenting with a few mushrooms for additional content on my site(s) (and maybe an actual product). Maybe I can write off my beer on my taxes! lol. I'm going to raise brewing hops this year. I have the rhizomes in the fridge. I know a bit about homebrewing...........
Lisa F.
lisa.f.organizer
Group Organizer
Portland, ME
Post #: 333
Great ideas! David, will we be able to lure you to the Portland area or should we be thinking about traveling your way next fall/winter?
Elaine
user 3022592
Portland, ME
Post #: 97
Dear Lisa,

I'd be happy to offer yoga again!

Elaine
David S.
stereoview
Washington, ME
Post #: 133
I'm going to have to get there eventually I guess. Now that it is baseball season anything can happen schedule-wise. I keep forgetting this and my son keeps telling me about practice changes, game changes etc. I should be able to fit something in but right now it's hard to comment without specifics.

David
A former member
Post #: 74
Let me know if you need a place to do a mushroom workshop if David's place seems too far. I have woods and Freeport is a 'do-able' trek for the majority of the group. David, would May be too late for a spring oyster mushroom-on-poplar innoculation workshop? I could host May 10th, 11th, 24th,25th, 31st or June 1st.

Winnie
David S.
stereoview
Washington, ME
Post #: 134
I have not had a lot of luck with poplar oyster spores. They are not crazy about potato dextrose agar. Then you need plugs they will grow on. I don't see them on truly living wood either so I have my doubts about them growing on fresh logs. Late May is a good time to hunt them though. Woods with standing dead poplar are best. I'll let you all know when I start seeing them.

I have not spent a lot of time on spores of this one. In fact, I have not had time for these kinds of projects lately at all.

Been working on garden flats though.............
Susannah
user 3832381
Portland, ME
Post #: 34
I noticed on the PermiBus' website that they offer
LIFE SKILLS classes, such as
Basic Self Defense,
Community Conflict Resolution,
Security Culture,
Rearing Wild Children...

All essential and neccessary things! Which leads me to think...has anyone had any experience with Marshall Rosenberg's Nonviolent Communication (aka NVC)? We just attended a workshop and its indispensability blew us away! It is sort of the Permaculture of Communication. I'm wondering if it would meet the needs of our group to have workshop in NVC? And if so, does anyone know somebody locally who facilitates? It could be a great winter workshop, as well as yoga and tai chi and other suggestions.
http://www.cnvc.org/...­
Lisa F.
lisa.f.organizer
Group Organizer
Portland, ME
Post #: 386
Excellent idea!