addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

The Resilience Hub & Portland Maine Permaculture Message Board › looking for sterile Comfrey cutting

looking for sterile Comfrey cutting

Ben R.
user 14875591
Portland, ME
Post #: 13
I am looking for the russian (sterile) root cuttings of comfrey. I am using it as a garden border, and am looking for lots, around 100. Happy to come by and dig up if easier. I am willing to pay but would prefer to barter (we have many good items). Located near waterville, but can commute some if there is a decent amount. feel free to call 8479218607.
Jesse S.
user 29709632
Harrison, ME
Post #: 136
Hi Ben,
I could provide you all the comfrey you need, I am a bit of a distance away in western Maine(Sweden). My comfrey was already here when we moved in, so I don't know what the cultivar is, but I've never seen any sign of it seeding out, so I think it's either sterile or won't self-pollinate. Making root divisions have turned that one plant into the hundreds we've intentionally sown around our place.
kristen
user 3710636
Portland, ME
Post #: 2
Hi, there is a patch of Russian comfrey on a farm I work on in Cumberland maine. The farmer accidentally tilled the patch a few too many times (it's about a 20'x40' patch) and now they are very excited when folks come and dig it up. My email is ksheehy@meca.edu.
Ben R.
user 14875591
Portland, ME
Post #: 56
We are again looking for comfrey for rice paddies borders. Any folks got large patches they are open to us digging up? happy to figure out some sort of barter trade. thanks
ben