addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

The Resilience Hub & Portland Maine Permaculture Message Board › Article about loss of good farming soil

Article about loss of good farming soil

A former member
Post #: 124
This article may provide information for those of you who speak about the advantages of permaculture. As you know, present agricultural methods have resulted in the loss of top soil around the world, bad for not only for the land but the oceans as well.

http://news.yahoo.com...­
Lisa F.
lisa.f.organizer
Group Organizer
Portland, ME
Post #: 397
I recently read an old Bill Mollison article in which he states that there are only 3 scenarios on earth in which soil is created in any quantity... forest floors, bottoms of fresh water bodies, and when gardeners/permaculturists create it through composting, sheet mulching, etc. There may be others, but I can't think of them right now.